Got My First Shot Of A Pigeon

And now the catapult section is full of perfect.... Law abiding... Top class catapult hunters..... Highlighting every misdemeanor....

No one is saying that they are perfect. The only people moaning are the catapult shooters. What people are saying, is that when something does not work out as it should, they are not stupid enough to post it in the internet.

There is a big thread pinned in the general section read it. The RSPCA want to charge him with hunting rabbits with his dogs. They would have a field day with someone who states that they have injured a wild animal.

Here is a copy of the general licence for England. Read it.

http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/Images/wml-gl04_tcm6-24149.pdf

TC

Edited by tiercel

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your gonna but in with your 2pence worth.... Get it right FFS.   Council estate lamp posts.....   lol.   Let's see your videos?

Most are Y shaped, I believe what you have is in fact a hair dryer...........

So what if he used a stone? Is it really the straw that breaks the camels back? Are they gonna ban shooting/ferreting/trapping/running dogs just because someone used an incorrect piece of equipment? C

:laugh: Imagine chasing a pigeon round the pavement and they roll up behind you. Bang to rights, you`d be f****d.

Urban hunting and birds flying off dont bother me, I dont think I`d be posting about it though.

And there in that last sentence lays the crux of the matter. What the eye don't see the heart does not grieve over. Just ask all the warriors on face book that have had a pull over posting stuff that should have been kept quiet. The poster is just a kid, but it could be a hard lesson to learn being hauled into court.

You can do what you like, but if you are going to post about it, just make sure it's legal for your own sake.

TC

Exactly, I used the same phrase only a few days ago, Im not sure matey knew what I meant though.

I didn't think i would cause this much shite over a pigeon i was on farm land what im allowed on not going round the streets so whys that illegal i know i didn't kill the bird but i didn't mean not to kill it but shite happens sorry for posting about it and didn't mean to offend anyone

Where the fcuk does it say that it's illegal to use a stone from a catapult and you must use lead?

Stubby just made it up and is lying to try to reinforce his point.

Or he's telling everyone to read the general licence when he hasn't done so himself.

try putting your brain into gear and READ my last reply, no where do I say it's illegal to use a stone, what I say is the general license is regarding shooting (which uses mostly a lead projectile) and therefore catapult users could argue the point out if ever need be, that they use a lead ball, can you see this now??? but openly admitting on an open forum that you used a stone, would be you couldn't use that idea

as for me not reading the general license, you tend to have to, to pass the BPCA, but whether you belive that or not, does not matter one bit, its down to the individual shooter to read it, no one else

you carry on blaming everyone else but yourself in this world, you'll get far

I didn't think i would cause this much shite over a pigeon i was on farm land what im allowed on not going round the streets so whys that illegal i know i didn't kill the bird but i didn't mean not to kill it but shite happens sorry for posting about it and didn't mean to offend anyone

firstly you didn't make it clear in your first post that you was on a permission, you should always mention it when quoting shooting/hunting of anything, as the non hunting types do visit these OPEN FORUMS

secondly, lots of bad things happen in real life, just dont post about them on an open forum

True should have stated i was on permission ill know for next time and the part everyone's on about with the stone in only using stones what are as round as i can get till my order comes and back in the day when cattys first come about what did they use not steel or lead bbs

• Like 1

Where the fcuk does it say that it's illegal to use a stone from a catapult and you must use lead?

Stubby just made it up and is lying to try to reinforce his point.

Or he's telling everyone to read the general licence when he hasn't done so himself.

try putting your brain into gear and READ my last reply, no where do I say it's illegal to use a stone, what I say is the general license is regarding shooting (which uses mostly a lead projectile) and therefore catapult users could argue the point out if ever need be, that they use a lead ball, can you see this now??? but openly admitting on an open forum that you used a stone, would be you couldn't use that idea

as for me not reading the general license, you tend to have to, to pass the BPCA, but whether you belive that or not, does not matter one bit, its down to the individual shooter to read it, no one else

you carry on blaming everyone else but yourself in this world, you'll get far

firstly you didn't make it clear in your first post that you was on a permission, you should always mention it when quoting shooting/hunting of anything, as the non hunting types do visit these OPEN FORUMS

secondly, lots of bad things happen in real life, just dont post about them on an open forum

My brain is in gear. Yours clearly isn't. Your poor punctuation, grammar and construction of sentences does not make what you are trying to say very clear at all.

The lead ball vs stone comment makes no sense and has no bearing on anything. You are talking nonsense.

As you've read the general licence I'm surprised that you think it is "regarding shooting" That's not true. Read it again. With regards to lead projectiles you should do some more reading. There are restrictions for lead but none for stones. Please have a good read this time because you're starting to make yourself sound silly.

People shouldn't have to state that they were on permission just to appease the likes of you and the anti brigade. You shouldn't assume that someone is doing something wrong, that's a very blinkered way of looking at things.

I agree that people should be aware of the general licence and the conditions attached to it and I also agree that people shouldn't take advice from people on Internet forums. As you've clearly demonstrated, people often get it wrong.

• Like 1

Don't apologise ruggers13.....

You shouldn't have to explain where you was... Or When you was there....

Explain fcuk all.....

Share your experiences and don't worry about people automatically assuming your in the wrong.

You know what 'thought' did.

• Like 2

Don't apologise ruggers13.....

You shouldn't have to explain where you was... Or When you was there....

Explain fcuk all.....

Share your experiences and don't worry about people automatically assuming your in the wrong.

You know what 'thought' did.

cheers pal i was trying to be careful in the original post anyway but obviously i didn't lol but anyway fek it
  • Like 1

Stubby's frantically reading through the general licence and is now realising that it isn't just for shooting or shooters and is hoping that the BPCA don't revoke his licence! Lol!!

Stubby, do you shoot a catapult or just tell people that they're doing it wrong? Even though you've got no experience and don't properly understand the conditions of the general licence?

• Like 1

None of those who are bitching shoot catapults.

Are you sure about that?

TC

If you do shoot one, get some photos up of some of your kills or even a video of you shooting some targets.

What bands do you shoot? What frame do you have? What's your favourite ammo? A photo of your catty would be good. It'd be better to do that first and show people that you know what you're talking about before you try to correct them.

Some of your comments have given me the impression that you didn't shoot. I'd b happy for you to correct me. If you do shoot, your comments with regards to the level of accuracy that you expect suggest that you are a very skilful ahooter.

None of those who are bitching shoot catapults.

Are you sure about that?

TC

If you do shoot one, get some photos up of some of your kills or even a video of you shooting some targets.

What bands do you shoot? What frame do you have? What's your favourite ammo? A photo of your catty would be good. It'd be better to do that first and show people that you know what you're talking about before you try to correct them.

Some of your comments have given me the impression that you didn't shoot. I'd b happy for you to correct me. If you do shoot, your comments with regards to the level of accuracy that you expect suggest that you are a very skilful ahooter.

I only shoot targets because my level of accuracy is not sufficient to give me a better than average chance of a kill, my choice.

In a way you could say 'I preach what I practice'.

As for the photos, Hell will freeze over before I feel the need to prove anything to a non-de-plume on an internet site.

TC

Edited by tiercel