Got My First Shot Of A Pigeon

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your gonna but in with your 2pence worth.... Get it right FFS.   Council estate lamp posts.....   lol.   Let's see your videos?

Most are Y shaped, I believe what you have is in fact a hair dryer...........

So what if he used a stone? Is it really the straw that breaks the camels back? Are they gonna ban shooting/ferreting/trapping/running dogs just because someone used an incorrect piece of equipment? C

Took a shot at a pigeon last night i used a marble looking stone nice and round and abit of weight to it i spotted the pigeon sat up in a tree thought yeah I'm having this one aimed my shot took it,hit it feathers went flying dropped to the floor went over for it as i got closer it feking flew off wtf so went on my way 10/15 minutes later seen another same sort of stone same thing happened dropped it then flew off I'm gutted ill get it one day

totally illegal by the sounds of it,

Not at all illegal.

Took a shot at a pigeon last night i used a marble looking stone nice and round and abit of weight to it i spotted the pigeon sat up in a tree thought yeah I'm having this one aimed my shot took it,hit it feathers went flying dropped to the floor went over for it as i got closer it feking flew off wtf so went on my way 10/15 minutes later seen another same sort of stone same thing happened dropped it then flew off I'm gutted ill get it one day

totally illegal by the sounds of it,
Not at all illegal.
cheers Charlie caller didn't know what to go by

Wood pigeon are classed as vermin can be killed all year round

someone definitely needs to read up on the general license that's for sure, wood pigeon are NOT CLASSED AS VERMIN,

all british birds are protected by law, in certain circumstances the law allows us to class them as pests, and carry out culling, if all other non lethal means have been of no use, we are then allowed to cull

wood pigeons coming down on farmers fields can legally be shot,

this argument will go back and forth until I'm blue in the face, so I'll leave it there, it's down to you as the hunter/pest controller to read all the laws and understand them, as if your ever standing up in a court of law on charges of causing suffering to animals/birds or culling protected species, using the excuse "I didn't know" or "some bloke on the forum told me it was ok" will not do well in your favour, and no doubt, see you getting the short end of the stick

just remember;

to be able to use the general license,

you need to know the terms and conditions

so you can stay within the law,

how do you learn these terms and conditions (not from someone else telling you it's ok on a forum)

READ THE DAMN THINGS!!!!

the only flaw I can see on this, is the part you need to read up on, is for shooting, yet your using a catty, now you could argue that it's firing a lead shot and that in itself covers you, but as you have already admitted to using a stone, that blows that bit out of the water

So what if he used a stone? Is it really the straw that breaks the camels back? Are they gonna ban shooting/ferreting/trapping/running dogs just because someone used an incorrect piece of equipment? Can all shooters say they've always used the correct caliber? Or a trapper never caught un intended quarry in a trap? Are you gonna get someone at your door trying to confiscate your gear because a lad fired a stone? Doubt it? You can argue it was wounded? But have you never wounded anything that got away? Ffs get a grip.

some of the bitching and folk who can't read a sentence as intended (yes you know who you are) are the ones bringing this section down..... Not the shooters.

• Like 3

This place is crazy. One lad drives round a council estate shooting up at lamp posts, got a slap on the back, other lad admits his two got back up and is a pariah? I know who I`d be wanting to speak to if I was old bill.

• Like 2

This place is crazy. One lad drives round a council estate shooting up at lamp posts, got a slap on the back, other lad admits his two got back up and is a pariah? I know who I`d be wanting to speak to if I was old bill.

bob imgine getting nicked with him :laugh: the noise of a dying rabbit comes to mind :laugh:

bob imgine getting nicked with him :laugh: the noise of a dying rabbit comes to mind :laugh:

:laugh: Imagine chasing a pigeon round the pavement and they roll up behind you. Bang to rights, you`d be f****d.

Urban hunting and birds flying off dont bother me, I dont think I`d be posting about it though.

:laugh: Imagine chasing a pigeon round the pavement and they roll up behind you. Bang to rights, you`d be f****d.

Urban hunting and birds flying off dont bother me, I dont think I`d be posting about it though.

And there in that last sentence lays the crux of the matter. What the eye don't see the heart does not grieve over. Just ask all the warriors on face book that have had a pull over posting stuff that should have been kept quiet. The poster is just a kid, but it could be a hard lesson to learn being hauled into court.

You can do what you like, but if you are going to post about it, just make sure it's legal for your own sake.

TC

• Like 1

Where the fcuk does it say that it's illegal to use a stone from a catapult and you must use lead?

Stubby just made it up and is lying to try to reinforce his point.

Or he's telling everyone to read the general licence when he hasn't done so himself.

What a load of Shiite this section is.... On a supposed hunting site...... People moaning about everything....

'you can't do that'

'thats illegal'

'that's bad for fieldsports'

'you even get praised for shooting out of season game'

Let's hear your stories of perfect kills.... Let's see your wonderful pictures..... Better still- lets see your videos.

The lurcher section is full of bitching..... The rifle section is full of guys moaning about the lurcher lads poaching their permission....

And now the catapult section is full of perfect.... Law abiding... Top class catapult hunters..... Highlighting every misdemeanor....

Another section fcuked.

• Like 2

i got banned for posting that i shot a certain bird before this section was up and running properly,now my post was up for 2 weeks and plenty had read it but some do gooder decided to tell mat the rat and i got a 3 day ban and 2 warning points so theirs plenty of people on here who like to squeal thats for sure :yes:

• Like 2