• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46 charlie caller

charlie caller

Triple Two Fan

• Donator
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:41 am

Then there is no need for you to worry about recoil from any deer calibre you will get over here, I still say get the .25-06 it is a death ray :thumbs:

• danw likes this

#47 .338winmag

.338winmag

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:48 am

I know a few folks out here who use the 25 06 for most all big game here up to includeing elk to good effect once again use a well constructed bullet for that or the 270 and your good to go we had a old time world hunter who lived here an he used the 270 win for every thing up to and including mountain grizzly and i believe he shot much of the world s sheep species with said caliber as well his name was is Jack Oconnor  and he used the 130 gr i think partition bullet or barnes  for a lot of his hunting and 150s for his heavier game i believe can't remember for sure though oh and hey he used a fixed four power scope for all of it as well and this man could have had his pick of most any scope made at the time so some thing else to ruminate over fellas .i love these my caliber is better than yours for this or that reason threads cause for most standard cartridges there is'nt a whole lot of diffrence as far as kill potential goes imo.

#48 danw

danw

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:59 am

Ohhhh a pissing contest LOL, My two penneth I have shot between 100-150 deer per year for well over 24 or so years guided clients on as many if not more seen and used from .222 to 300rum on munty to red, I have NOT shot elk, grizzly or plains game and despite living on the Jurassic coast have never found a dinosaur to bag, my tool of choice .25-06 pushing an 85gr nosler ballistic tip at some 3600fps it moderates beautifully,no discernible recoil,has the grunt to get any job done in the UK and is point and shoot to well over 300 yds,

• Born Hunter likes this

#49 sussex

sussex

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:43 am

dan ,Should you not have a bit more experience before coming on here and giving advice & recommendations ?.... :whistling: :whistling:..... :laugh:

• danw likes this

#50 danw

danw

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:58 am

dan ,Should you not have a bit more experience before coming on here and giving advice & recommendations ?.... :whistling: :whistling:..... :laugh:

Should have added I have my DSC as well :icon_redface:  :icon_redface:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

• BLACK-GUN and hutchey like this

#51 hutchey

hutchey

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 877 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:46 am

Here we go again with the DSC lol
  • BLACK-GUN likes this

#52 the wise man

the wise man

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:40 pm

.270 with a home load of 57gr reloader 19 with 130 gr speer grand slam head .

It will leave the 308 standing still that's a fact :thumbs:

• BLACK-GUN likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users