• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#31 Brewman

Brewman

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:40 pm

Best photo I've seen in years, the Hare and terrier sitting side by side.

Ironically it's hunters and the like that can see the real beauty in that picture and appreciate it while the anti wanker brigade would say it's cruel, release it and the poor thing probably wouldn't adapt. Wakners.
  • marko, charlie caller and STRANGER like this

#32 NEWKID

NEWKID

The Sensible One Who Looks Like The Gay Eastender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,783 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:34 pm

Cracking that TC...

#33 peterhunter86

peterhunter86

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:50 pm

i have a wild rabbit the last to months it was about 8 days old when i got it i fed her on goats milk and shes still going strong i have pics of her with my lurcher shes as tame as fook

#34 The Seeker

The Seeker

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:09 pm

The one sat side by side, should be a definite entry if there's another photo comp :thumbs:
  • 1Wally likes this

#35 charlie caller

charlie caller

Triple Two Fan

• Donator
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:11 am

Best photo I've seen in years, the Hare and terrier sitting side by side.

Ironically it's hunters and the like that can see the real beauty in that picture and appreciate it while the anti wanker brigade would say it's cruel, release it and the poor thing probably wouldn't adapt. Wakners.

You got that right brother, the ambivalence of the hunter ;)

• Brewman likes this

#36 socks

socks

Extreme Ferret Wrangler

• Donator
  • 14,724 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:25 am

You should send that into countryfile when they run their Callander competition ... Show them that hunters are not blood thirsty thugs .......
  • Brewman and eastcoast like this

#37 lanesra

lanesra

Hope-full Tipster Member

• Members
  • 5,698 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:05 pm

You should send that into countryfile when they run their Callander competition ... Show them that hunters are not blood thirsty thugs .......

That Lot Would Probably Look To Prosecute The Bloke . . Taking Game Without A Licence Maybe :)

#38 gonetoearth

gonetoearth

Extreme Hunter

• Banned
  • 11,781 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:47 pm

I worked with a man farm labourer this guy reard every thing. Beleave me every thing weasels stoats hares His house was a managery. He could mimick every bird and animal call. Ferreting mad he was he gave me my first kits , any way i lost contact with him over the years. I found out were he was and called in his sister told ,
Me he was down the grave yard Things had not changed he would fly. His owls down there off i went to the sound of his sister be carefull his has ruffus with him RUFFUS ????? Any way the grave yard was surrounded by a stone wall big bull nosed coping on top. As i got closer there he is. I could hear a tawny hooting me mate says hear that laughing i says thats him sound more like the owl than the owl , now this fella was blind as a bat. More so in fact he didnt see or hear us as we jumped over the wall and walked to wards him but the fooking great big badger did it ran stright at us both i bolted first me mate stunned stood there as billy hit him right in the balls lol he then jumped up a tree i was on the wall , the billy was grunting standing on its hind legs staring up the chesnut with me mate stairing down. And the little man pissing him self. He kept it for years ,lol Sorry for ramberling. That hare got me thinking
  • Born Hunter, fireman, Tiercel and 9 others like this

#39 mouse

mouse

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:59 pm

we hand reared a leveret back in 2012.i posted it all on here with loads of pictures of it being reared and then released into the wild.if anybody can copy them and put them on here I would be grateful.cheers mouse.

• fireman, lanesra, NEWKID and 1 other like this

#40 Brewman

Brewman

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:23 pm

The Hare sitting next to the terrier would be a good photo to be hand painted such as by Ideation's good lady.

Only a thought....

#41 All-terrain

All-terrain

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:08 am

I worked with a man farm labourer this guy reard every thing. Beleave me every thing weasels stoats hares His house was a managery. He could mimick every bird and animal call. Ferreting mad he was he gave me my first kits , any way i lost contact with him over the years. I found out were he was and called in his sister told ,
Me he was down the grave yard Things had not changed he would fly. His owls down there off i went to the sound of his sister be carefull his has ruffus with him RUFFUS ????? Any way the grave yard was surrounded by a stone wall big bull nosed coping on top. As i got closer there he is. I could hear a tawny hooting me mate says hear that laughing i says thats him sound more like the owl than the owl , now this fella was blind as a bat. More so in fact he didnt see or hear us as we jumped over the wall and walked to wards him but the fooking great big badger did it ran stright at us both i bolted first me mate stunned stood there as billy hit him right in the balls lol he then jumped up a tree i was on the wall , the billy was grunting standing on its hind legs staring up the chesnut with me mate stairing down. And the little man pissing him self. He kept it for years ,lol Sorry for ramberling. That hare got me thinking

ffs now we know why aliens fly straight past us

#42 Plummerterrier

Plummerterrier

Extreme Hunter

• Banned
  • 881 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:19 am

my favourite is the one where it is sitting sprawled out on the red matt just chilling haha

• Born Hunter and lurcherman 887 like this

#43 gonetoearth

gonetoearth

Extreme Hunter

• Banned
  • 11,781 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:27 pm

ffs now we know why aliens fly straight past us
. Hysterical thanks for you imput.

Edited by gonetoearth, 14 May 2014 - 02:58 pm.

#44 hawki

hawki

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 954 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:16 pm

Great thread and pics  :victory:

#45 Bush Rummager

Bush Rummager

Extreme Hunter

• Members