The Hare And The Dogs

Best photo I've seen in years, the Hare and terrier sitting side by side.

Ironically it's hunters and the like that can see the real beauty in that picture and appreciate it while the anti wanker brigade would say it's cruel, release it and the poor thing probably wouldn't adapt. Wakners.

• Like 3

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Following on from an earlier thread about tame hares, a mate of mine had a leveret, that was found on a local horse racing course by one of the grass cutters, handed to him. That was back in June 2011

I worked with a man farm labourer this guy reard every thing. Beleave me every thing weasels stoats hares His house was a managery. He could mimick every bird and animal call. Ferreting mad he wa

I am at a loss to know why you would think like that? The animal has been semi domesticated it has no fear of human or dogs. It's fate was sealed when it was handed in. Perhaps the best thing would ha

Best photo I've seen in years, the Hare and terrier sitting side by side.

Ironically it's hunters and the like that can see the real beauty in that picture and appreciate it while the anti wanker brigade would say it's cruel, release it and the poor thing probably wouldn't adapt. Wakners.

You got that right brother, the ambivalence of the hunter ;)

• Like 1

You should send that into countryfile when they run their Callander competition ... Show them that hunters are not blood thirsty thugs .......

That Lot Would Probably Look To Prosecute The Bloke . . Taking Game Without A Licence Maybe :)

I worked with a man farm labourer this guy reard every thing. Beleave me every thing weasels stoats hares His house was a managery. He could mimick every bird and animal call. Ferreting mad he was he gave me my first kits , any way i lost contact with him over the years. I found out were he was and called in his sister told ,

Me he was down the grave yard Things had not changed he would fly. His owls down there off i went to the sound of his sister be carefull his has ruffus with him RUFFUS ????? Any way the grave yard was surrounded by a stone wall big bull nosed coping on top. As i got closer there he is. I could hear a tawny hooting me mate says hear that laughing i says thats him sound more like the owl than the owl , now this fella was blind as a bat. More so in fact he didnt see or hear us as we jumped over the wall and walked to wards him but the fooking great big badger did it ran stright at us both i bolted first me mate stunned stood there as billy hit him right in the balls lol he then jumped up a tree i was on the wall , the billy was grunting standing on its hind legs staring up the chesnut with me mate stairing down. And the little man pissing him self. He kept it for years ,lol Sorry for ramberling. That hare got me thinking

• Like 12

we hand reared a leveret back in 2012.i posted it all on here with loads of pictures of it being reared and then released into the wild.if anybody can copy them and put them on here I would be grateful.cheers mouse.

• Like 4

I worked with a man farm labourer this guy reard every thing. Beleave me every thing weasels stoats hares His house was a managery. He could mimick every bird and animal call. Ferreting mad he was he gave me my first kits , any way i lost contact with him over the years. I found out were he was and called in his sister told ,

Me he was down the grave yard Things had not changed he would fly. His owls down there off i went to the sound of his sister be carefull his has ruffus with him RUFFUS ????? Any way the grave yard was surrounded by a stone wall big bull nosed coping on top. As i got closer there he is. I could hear a tawny hooting me mate says hear that laughing i says thats him sound more like the owl than the owl , now this fella was blind as a bat. More so in fact he didnt see or hear us as we jumped over the wall and walked to wards him but the fooking great big badger did it ran stright at us both i bolted first me mate stunned stood there as billy hit him right in the balls lol he then jumped up a tree i was on the wall , the billy was grunting standing on its hind legs staring up the chesnut with me mate stairing down. And the little man pissing him self. He kept it for years ,lol Sorry for ramberling. That hare got me thinking

ffs now we know why aliens fly straight past us
. Hysterical thanks for you imput. Edited by gonetoearth
  • 5 months later...