Pics Of Your Bushing Dogs

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

couple more of ours     first pic sire and dam in middle with 2 pups either side second pic mother middle pups either side

fell/russell/beagle/bull... . are some folk trying to reinvent the wheel.            

Old pic I have .1980 ish 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ginger beard said:

Anybody ues a full cocker for bushing.

Had a day out with my mate's cousin a few year's ago he had two full Cocker's an one half x the two full Cocker's just couldn't hack the full day were the half x still had load's left in the tank after a good day's mooching.

3 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Anybody ues a full cocker for bushing.

Yes I’ve got one,they are good in any cover,wet weather up to the tits in mud not bother them,today I’ve had mine bumping rabbits off 3-4 inch of corn today.cockers can be strange dogs they are a little odd at times but get one with a good working pedigree and you won’t go to far wrong,I am on my second and they have both been loyal dogs,the one I have now is an excellent guard house dog, training is the key to a good cocker as without it they can be a pain.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

Had a day out with my mate's cousin a few year's ago he had two full Cocker's an one half x the two full Cocker's just couldn't hack the full day were the half x still had load's left in the tank after a good day's mooching.

A cocker that couldn’t do a full days work,they must have been show bred or ill, cockers can work all day & everyday, pound for pound there’s not a stronger dog,my last cocker who was on the big side for a cocker he could get over a 5ft dry stone wall with a large hare.

• Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, Str said:

Yes I’ve got one,they are good in any cover,wet weather up to the tits in mud not bother them,today I’ve had mine bumping rabbits off 3-4 inch of corn today.cockers can be strange dogs they are a little odd at times but get one with a good working pedigree and you won’t go to far wrong,I am on my second and they have both been loyal dogs,the one I have now is an excellent guard house dog, training is the key to a good cocker as without it they can be a pain.

My mate is breeding his working cocker bitch to a ftch sire.he said if there's 8 in the litter he'll gift me one.

Do cockers have that many usually.?

16 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

My mate is breeding his working cocker bitch to a ftch sire.he said if there's 8 in the litter he'll gift me one.

Do cockers have that many usually.?

6 I would say is average but I’ve heard of 10 so fingers crossed.ftch x working dog is a good combination as too much ftch in the pedigree can make them harder to handle for what you want,what I will say is don’t bother getting one even if it’s free unless you are going to put the time in leaning it the basics or it will be three fields away hunting for its self.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Str said:

6 I would say is average but I’ve heard of 10 so fingers crossed.ftch x working dog is a good combination as too much ftch in the pedigree can make them harder to handle for what you want,what I will say is don’t bother getting one even if it’s free unless you are going to put the time in leaning it the basics or it will be three fields away hunting for its self.

The bitch he has is all ftch in her ped.from peter jones of mezzaderwin.he wants to get into trailing next year so there pretty well bred already.l have a couple of people i could go to if any problems with training.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Your bitch Probably killed a litter of cubs then came away, get yourself a bellman if your running her loose through out the summer, lots of cubs around :thumbs:

I can remember reading posts on here about being careful with terriers as there was always a chance that a dog could drop in unexpectedly i also remember thinking that'll never happen to me.... i look a bit silly now to say the least. atb.