Pics Of Your Bushing Dogs

3 hours ago, Gareth12 said:

Lovely little dogs those teagles.

How would a single dog work alongside a lurcher? How far do they range? What’s the recall like, are they controllable or do they bugger off miles if a scent?

I been thinking a cocker or Springer to bush rabbits with the lurcher. How would a teagle differ to a spaniel? What would be the pros and cons basically?

sorry for all the questions just genuinely interested.

I reckon a spaniel x terrier would be the way to go, very controllable and can turn their paw to most things. 

• Like 1

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

couple more of ours     first pic sire and dam in middle with 2 pups either side second pic mother middle pups either side

fell/russell/beagle/bull... . are some folk trying to reinvent the wheel.            

Old pic I have .1980 ish 

Posted Images

On 12/03/2018 at 13:57, day and night walker said:

I reckon a spaniel x terrier would be the way to go, very controllable and can turn their paw to most things. 

Yep I would second that. I was tempted with going towards teagle but didn’t want to take the risk with anything that ranged too far. Got a spaniel x terrier in the end. Just the job. 

49843FEE-40DE-4B59-997F-403C08B6C72B.jpeg

A1FC107D-CE7A-4768-9D90-D51D7BDF9BCF.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

This is my little monster. She is springerxpat bred by nobjerk off here. She is a busy little thing, did 36.6 miles over the course of a days vermin driving at the end of last season. She has revolutionised my rabbiting. Her mentor in the other pick will bush rabbits but his hearts not in it.

20170910_125442.jpg

20180228_172020.jpg

• Like 7
9 hours ago, day and night walker said:

Lovely dogs those tyla.  His heart might not be in it but by the look of that pic he's not afraid of thick cover is he. atb. 

He loves bushing, just not really into rabbits. He's getting old too now so he lets her do the finding and then dives in to help once she has something on the move. The only fault I have with her is that she is mute, a little bit of noise would be good to prime the lurchers

• Like 1
On 17/03/2018 at 22:02, white van man said:

Yep I would second that. I was tempted with going towards teagle but didn’t want to take the risk with anything that ranged too far. Got a spaniel x terrier in the end. Just the job. 

49843FEE-40DE-4B59-997F-403C08B6C72B.jpeg

A1FC107D-CE7A-4768-9D90-D51D7BDF9BCF.jpeg

How far out does that dog travel ?has it retained the spaniels instincts of staying within gunshot range?

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

How far out does that dog travel ?has it retained the spaniels instincts of staying within gunshot range?

I like that quote ? .. a spaniel as no instinct to stay in gunshot range ,it’s all to do with training keeping them close ... 

• Like 3

Hi Lads, first post on this section of the HL. Saw the pictures, had to post some pics too:angel:

It aint no bushing dog, but its a catchdog for bore, wild dogs and anything else you put him up with.

He's now 19 months and 45 kg (90lbs).

He hunts everything down on its own. He already got 4 bunnies, a few doves and 1 fox. He stalks them down and then the chase starts. Im waiting for the day he catches a hare. The fox killed a part of the chickens a family member was breeding. So we went there the next evening. I didnt know the fox was around, but my dog did. I reckoned he'd only chase the fox off, but the fox wasnt fast enough.

He also joins me with rifle hunting. When the saftycatch goes off, he starts drooling:angel:.

He does well as a trail dog. But I will never let him catch a bore. Im too scared he gets hurt. 

The bottom pick is our late boxer. Sorry for the bad pic, I took it from a photo in our livingroom. He lived to be 12 years old. He was a massive dog. We used him as a baydog/catchdog. A baydog tracksdown bore, isolates a bore from the group, corners the bore until the rifleman comes to shoot down the bore. Its totally illigal in our country. But when your in Poland, anyting goes.

cheers1521652361119738149280.thumb.jpg.7cba54066ca48a219167b99529d68086.jpg

IMG-20180320-WA0028.jpg

IMG-20180320-WA0027.jpg

• Like 6
10 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

He won’t go too far. He ranges no more than say 100 metres. He always nips back and checks in. If he’s chasing he will go further. 

• Like 3