Pics Of Your Bushing Dogs

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

couple more of ours     first pic sire and dam in middle with 2 pups either side second pic mother middle pups either side

fell/russell/beagle/bull... . are some folk trying to reinvent the wheel.            

Old pic I have .1980 ish 

Posted Images

attachicon.gifPIC_1032.JPG

attachicon.gifPIC_1035.JPG

attachicon.gifPIC_1033.JPG

pups enjoying her self

Squirrel how your brown and white pup doing atb Dan john

never made the grade as a busher she hunted as a gun dog so found her a home for rough shooting :thumbs:

Intresting answer that mate, what is the difference in a spaniel type hunting like a gundog and hunting like a bushing dog ?

attachicon.gifPIC_1032.JPG

attachicon.gifPIC_1035.JPG

attachicon.gifPIC_1033.JPG

pups enjoying her self

Squirrel how your brown and white pup doing atb Dan john

never made the grade as a busher she hunted as a gun dog so found her a home for rough shooting :thumbs:

Intresting answer that mate, what is the difference in a spaniel type hunting like a gundog and hunting like a bushing dog ?

Stayed close quartering ,maybe stopping at the game waiting to be sent in??
  • Like 2
Guest foxpack

I had a lot of failed gundogs over years as my old fella bred spaniels for a very long time and had some real ens that as a youngster I had to stay away from.haa.but I did find some spaniels wouldn't enter low tight scrub or heavy gorse.only a few mind but they were out there.but would do open Marsh .white grass .open fell no problem.it's like any dog some will some won't.one failed gun dog .was hard mouthed.but he would enter ever type of cover and loved foxes.would even range out without checking back every couple of minutes.

• Like 4

Nice one both answers gave me a rough idea, so basically if trying to bring a gundog up to be a bushing dog the less training the better just get the basics recall, retrieve etc ?

Don't forget a lot of line bred stuff will have been selected for natural close quartering ,so you would be wanting to go against its natural instinct/abilities.

Which is why these little crossbreeds are lot better ,bit of terrier or scent hound blood helps increase their distance.imho

• Like 2

Well I didn't think she would tolerate him but she has took to mothering him like something you wouldn't believe. She doesn't even like him to be out of view. Thanks Gaz ? But all credit to foxpack, he's done a cracking job of raising them, real bold pup.

Edited by Boristheblade
  • Like 1