Is butchers chuck outs good to feed your dogs been feeding my lurcher it for couple nights seems to have given him bad sh*ts all different cuts off beef lumps of fat is that any good for him advise wanted atb

Edited by dan john

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not trying to make a dick out of you .... Your doing a perfectly good job of that on your own ..... Now again back up your theory with evidence ..... My dogs get fed around 90% beef and work seve

You'll be in trouble if Social Serivces catch you feeding your kids butchers waste ...

No 90% of the meat I feed is beef ... I also feed them hare rabbit venison chicken lamb ... Whatever I get ... But my butcher generally gives me beef off cuts ... Chicken doesn't have the fats that be

Posted Images

I used to feed missus bulldog and a lurcher on butchers waste,and they rarely had the squirts,only on some offal,normally it was the opposite they strained to push out hard lumps or dust with bones ,lol

I used to feed kids leftovers as well so to give bit of variety,but I went nearly year without buying dog biscuit.

Liver will give them the shits if too much is given I feed mine butchers left overs and I get meat that's just gone outa date from small supermarket .some times the butchers waist is loads of chicken carcus which is better

I buy fish and mix with rice 1day a week they have left over Sunday roast veg

They hate the biscute now which Is on stand but incase I don't get enough raw outa freezer ain't bought a bag in months so cost is f**k all £0.33 for tinned fish at asda a tin each for 6 dogs

Teeth coats and skin are best condision they've been since switching over to this

Edited by courseadog

Beef alone will be too rich. Chicken is better

Absolute nonsense ........

Don't talk shit. Lol. Please explain yourself.

Beef alone isn't even enough for a dog. Need to add tripe and plenty of crunching bones.

Explain why beef is to rich ? Which vitamin does it have to much of to make it to rich ? Why is beef alone is not enough for a dog ? Tripe is over 80% moisture so not Really that good a meal ... Yep I agree the dogs need bones also but that wasn't your original statement ... I await you answer ...,I am sure you will be googling like a mad man :laugh: ...........

• Like 1

Everyone seems to have different opinions on how to feed a working dog and a lot depends on just how much work your dog actually gets.

I know of packs of hounds who only get fed beef and they look well and hunt well on it two or three days a week.

One thing about butchers scraps is that no matter how gone off or how fatty they're better IMO for your dog than anything you buy in a tin or a bag.

A couple of times a week will keep them right and happy.

• Like 2

Explain why beef is to rich ? Which vitamin does it have to much of to make it to rich ? Why is beef alone is not enough for a dog ? Tripe is over 80% moisture so not Really that good a meal ... Yep I agree the dogs need bones also but that wasn't your original statement ... I await you answer ...,I am sure you will be googling like a mad man :laugh: ...........

I don't need to google anything. Beef ALONE will be too rich for most dogs. Chicken (should have written complete carcass) is better.

Don't try to make a dick out of me.

Richness doesn't have to mean to much of any mineral or vits.

It is a heavy and dense meat. It doesn't have anything more than chicken, but lacks what a whole chicken carcass has.

The additional word carcass to my post changes the statement completely.

I'm not trying to make a dick out of you .... Your doing a perfectly good job of that on your own :laugh: ..... Now again back up your theory with evidence ..... My dogs get fed around 90% beef and work seven days a week and they are in top condition with no stomach problems ... Maybe I keep super dogs that can cope with this over rich beef diet ......

Their feed ......

image-140.jpg

Perfect shit ........

image-134.jpg

Nothing wrong with this young bitch fed on beef .......

image-123.jpg

• Like 5