Getting It On Ticket

Hey guys,

If i already own an air rifle and i want to put it on my ticket and increase its power what would the procedure be?

Do i need to give it to an rfd who will then give ot back to me so i can then send the details off to the police of where i got the rifle? Even though it will be me giving it to them then them giving it to me?

Basically i can do the work to put the power myself up but i obviously want to be above board so i dont fall foul of the law and i want it to be on my ticket before i do the work...

Cheers

Edited by AR177
  • Like 1

Cheers but its my edgun im planning to turn up, so i know it will do well at fac and it will cost me nothing to upgrade it :-) i dont plan on getting rid either

Edited by AR177
  • Like 1

You need a variation on your FAC in order to "acquire" it.

You will need to send off the form and £26 for the variation and when it comes back authorised, then you can have it tuned or do it yourself.

But once you have adapted it to FAC level, you must inform them within 7 days of when it goes over the 12 ft/lb limit.

As for filling in your FAC, if you've tuned it then you fill in table 2, if the gunsmith has tuned it, then he fills it in.

As above, an FAC airgun will 'always' be one once it is changed, the value will 1/2 straight away.

It's your gun, but I would scrub that and get .22rf instead. Cheaper and way more power.

I spoke to my flo today, who also spoke to his superior to check what he was telling me was ok and they decided all i needed to do was notify them of my aquisition when the rifle is shooting over 12ft lbs, i would be aquiring the rifle from myself and they authorised me to add ot to my own ticket once i had notified them,

I don't need a variation as i have .22 fac air on my ticket already,

They also confirmed what you have already said about notificatikns and its perminant fac status whoch i am fine with

So now thats all cleared up im off to the shed to uprate the regulator

Cheers guys :thumbs: