• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would marbles kill looped 1745 ?

Dub dub isn't very good. It was introduced by a bloke with hardly any experience who was trying to take the catapult world by storm and revolutionise it. He was even talking about getting catapults into the Olympic games!! LOL!!!

He had a mate who had no experience either and they both lied and made out that they had been shooting catty's for years. I think a few people believed them and they promoted Dub Dub as this fantastic stuff.

It's just Rolyan tubing with a different name.

i ordered green and orange dub dub and a meter of 1745 the other day it should be here monday or tuesday so il have a nice bit of trying out to do im after hearing alot of good things about 1745 alright i just wanted to see what we thaught of the dub dub some peaple like it others dont i never used it

I tried it years ago before they called it Dub Dub. If it's all you've ever known then you wouldn't mind it but theres loads of much better stuff out there. Try some M10 hexnuts out of looped 1745's.

il

I tried it years ago before they called it Dub Dub. If it's all you've ever known then you wouldn't mind it but theres loads of much better stuff out there. Try some M10 hexnuts out of looped 1745's.

il give them a try when it comes what do ya think of 12mm and 14mm lead with 1745 thats what i use with the tbg and i think there alot better than steel but that could just be me but lead has the stopping power

Lead is too heavy to get the best out of the thin Chinese tubes. Steel works better with them. I've killed pheasants at 25 yards with a M10 hexnut and looped 1745's. When I shoot TBG I use lead though.

il

il give them a try when it comes what do ya think of 12mm and 14mm lead with 1745 thats what i use with the tbg and i think there alot better than steel but that could just be me but lead has the stopping power

I used to think the same. Lead = more stopping power.

But 10mm steel has got speed and it's devastating. It doesn't just penetrate the head, it snaps the neck on impact.

12mm lead is the bull cross and 10mm steel is the deerhound. Both effective in their own right. But one is faster than a formula one car.

il

But 10mm steel has got speed and it's devastating. It doesn't just penetrate the head, it snaps the neck on impact.

12mm lead is the bull cross and 10mm steel is the deerhound. Both effective in their own right. But one is faster than a formula one car.

So 12mm has got higher prey drive?

il

So 12mm has got higher prey drive?

12mm has got more tenacity. But it is only fast enough for slugs and snails :laugh:

Bull x and a deerhound? Feck off Gaz.... Lol... Tell you've got a dog with some deerhound in it.... :D

I do like the 12mm lead shot.... It f****n destroys whatever it hits....

But to get a 12mm lead lump moving at a decent speed takes serious power....

Whereas a 9.5mm steel ball takes less power... But if the shots placed correctly... It's devastating....

9.5mm steel is far cheaper than other sizes.... And lead is free(hmmmm)... But takes all the messing about to make...

I would go with looped 1745 dankung tubing... Or for singles the 3060 is a killer for 9.5mm steel.