Lithium Ion Too Pricy What Is Nxt Best Thing ?

Think I'll have to save up ;-) the thing that's putting me off is can I justify it if I had land that could could do big numbers and weight was an issue then yep id have 1 but where I live there are not big numbers anywhere 10 is good 20 is great an 30 is unheard of in my area and with the floods this year I'm not thinking of massive numbers anywhere in my county

Well in my book 10 is pretty good going on most nights, unless you're in an area which is crawling with rabbits that want to get caught! :thumbs:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I couldn't afford a lithium now I'd start day walking lol fook going back to heavy batteries lol

its not too pricey when youre walkin up a hill carrying rabs and trying slip a dog :thumbs:

Plenty of time to save up till September!

Posted Images

Whats next best thing to lithium a f****d up back and a f****d up shoulder witha dry cell, but look on the bright side when you get back home the misses is always there to give you a good rub down ;)

try a car battery in a rucksack :laugh:

Seen the 14 ah lit ions go for £100 quid now worth every penny i only use mine a handful of times a season but would still buy another if mine broke, my other lamp batterys cost a grand or more and there £30 quid a night to run depending how far you go :laugh:

Can't think why you need the 22ah mate. As Hotmeat say's above, if you switch the lamp off when you aren't actually lamping rabbits and keep the variable power low until needed a 14ah should last all night. I run a variable power Blitz off a 14ah and put it on charge as soon as I get home, and I've had two seasons off it and still going strong.

Ive got acid burn scars on my back and the calfs because of cheap acid batteries,we put up with it then,especially if the pot bulged.Now id spend the brass on something more reliable and lighter,no matter what the bag,ignorance and bliss is for the ignorant and blistered.

Edited by morton
  • Like 2

Whats next best thing to lithium a f****d up back and a f****d up shoulder witha dry cell, but look on the bright side when you get back home the misses is always there to give you a good rub down ;)

try a car battery in a rucksack :laugh:
Good for keeping your back in posture lol

I've not read the whole thread but I thought I'd post this incase it's of any help...

I went out with my mate the other night and he had a rc car dual cell lithium battery wired up to his lamp... When tested he said he left it on for about 3.5 hours and it hadn't even dimmed...

This is what he used....

post-73149-139923474597_thumb.jpg

There only £40-£50

Lithium battery don't dim pal they just go flat, not bad that tho if they work

I know sweet FA about it mate lol...thought I'd share as it's what he is using on his lamp....he uses this lamp.. Might be smaller then some of the hand held ones some use but it worked great on the gun lamp.

post-73149-139923525655_thumb.jpg

Hope it helps some one :)

thing is you dont wanna be walking about with about 6kg on your back i have the 22ah deben and just slots in the pocket and never once ran it out and lamped all night i had the 8 and 14ah and got rid as was running them out with the tracer 100w within a few hours well worth the coin have 1 in the fag lighter and the other on the battery