:yes::thumbs:

Ok Cheers, I see where you are coming from!

Seems reasonable, the only possibly slight counter argument (I'm not suggesting it is a good one) is, First grant, No experience...here's a .308 because the land is cleared for it! :hmm: :hmm:

:thumbs:

my thoughts would be. you either deemed responsible enough to hold an fac or not as saying theres a difference would imply that different levels of responsibility are required for each calibre, would that mean a lad with a rimmy is deemed to be less responsible than a bloke with a 308 :hmm:

:yes: :yes:

As I said, but we live in the real world, and not all regions share our view! We hear tales of calibre restriction/mentoring all the time due to perceived lack of experience!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi mick what sort of ranges are you planning on shooting?   Reason I ask is a .22lr has the power and accuracy upto 120 yards. I use a .17hmr past these ranges.   No point I extra cost and noise

Hi Captainbanana   I have to strongly agree with Charlie. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. It would probably take you longer to post your topic and read all the replies than it would to pick up t

Yep that's correct I can state 100% if land in S Yorks is passed for .22 rf it most certainly isn't automatically passed for .17HMR. The FAO said the land would need to be reclassified for HMR which i

Posted Images

Seems reasonable, the only possibly slight counter argument (I'm not suggesting it is a good one) is, First grant, No experience...here's a .308 because the land is cleared for it! :hmm: :hmm:

my thoughts would be. you either deemed responsible enough to hold an fac or not as saying theres a difference would imply that different levels of responsibility are required for each calibre, would that mean a lad with a rimmy is deemed to be less responsible than a bloke with a 308 :hmm:

:yes: :yes:

As I said, but we live in the real world, and not all regions share our view! We hear tales of calibre restriction/mentoring all the time due to perceived lack of experience!

therein lies the problem firearms licensing is not standardised across the country and is subject to interpretation of guidelines.

LAD with a rimmy and a BLOKE with a .308

LAD with a rimmy and a BLOKE with a .308

simple fact is. you are either suitable or not for the granting of an fac. its the grey areas that have got us into the mess were in now, stick to black and white across the board, what makes a bloke with a 308 more or less capable of owning it than a lad after all theres plenty of lads in war zones