Birds Nests And Eggs Thread

Well I went out nesting today for the first time in over 45 years. Nothing much to report found a few pigeon nests and a couple of magpies. Tried climbing to one pigeon nest in a Douglas fir and got stuck half way up. :laugh: I was sweating like a pig, fooking arms are still aching. :yes:

Any ways an old photo of a nest and eggs, not mine I hasten to add.

ospreysandeggs_zps0b1c025d.png

TC

• Like 1

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its that time of year when birds are making their nests and laying eggs,iv been out just locally and found quite a few nest already and tbh not really looked that hard to some years so these are just

We had to change a pole over today. Inside the cable guard that was running up the side of pole was a Great Tit nest with 7 or 8 chicks. We tried our best to take the guard off as carefully as possibl

You don't see these all too often........   baby snipe......

Posted Images

:thumbs: last year but there in the same tree this year

You didn't cycle past us last Friday did you ?? We were on the Stoke road working near Oak Tree Fm.

cycling is dangerous, the last time i cycled home from stoke on an electric bike i ended up in the ditch and lost a tooth :laugh::laugh::laugh: however i did drive past you :D they have been painting all the pylons :whistling:

Aye mate.....is this thread just for this year?? or previous nests?

j just add any pics you got it dont matter as im sure most still want to see them no matter what year you found them.iv just been out with my mate just searching the local back field iv done well on this ground over the years and found another chiffchaff nest with eggs in but it was reed buntings and linnets we was looking for i know their in the area but hard to find for some reason :thumbs:

Imo ALL work should stop the let em breed :yes: ..feckin do-gooders..who the feck needs a fancy path.

ill take a pic tomorrow of the old path and one when they,ve completed the new path,the new path will be made out of recycled tyres

great pic johnny boy,take some finding by mine as theirs not to many skylarks about :thumbs:

We got lots of Skylarks here but as you know they're quite difficult to find, we used to get loads of Lapwings but don't see them since they reclaimed all the old coal tips.

Heard my first and only Cuckoo earlier and had him right in to me going bonkers. Lots of warblers, Wood x 2, Willow, Garden, Chiffchaff and just as I got back to the car, a Goldcrest!

Anyone on here take part in the nest record scheme for the BTO? They're always interested in what you find and how it progresses.