Birds Nests And Eggs Thread

its that time of year when birds are making their nests and laying eggs,iv been out just locally and found quite a few nest already and tbh not really looked that hard to some years so these are just some pics iv taken while out walking the dogs

feel free to add any pics :thumbs:

IMG_0257_zps54429e8d.jpg

IMG_0235_zps330b4c9e.jpg

IMG_0306_zps9c604a17.jpg

IMG_0297_zps6ef7f3e1.jpg

IMG_0296_zps1d6492fc.jpg

IMG_0285_zpsc6757036.jpg

IMG_0258_zpsb07d6679.jpg

• Like 9

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its that time of year when birds are making their nests and laying eggs,iv been out just locally and found quite a few nest already and tbh not really looked that hard to some years so these are just

We had to change a pole over today. Inside the cable guard that was running up the side of pole was a Great Tit nest with 7 or 8 chicks. We tried our best to take the guard off as carefully as possibl

You don't see these all too often........   baby snipe......

Posted Images

the chiffchaff i found quite early and was just building it now has 5 eggs in,i think the wrens has the same amount its nests in an upturned tree in the roots the robins i nearly stood on in some leaves and still couldnt find it till the next day but what a nest,the pigeons was found today in a small tree covered in ivy.iv also got a whitethroats to photograph but it was still building,its still very early and plenty of time to get loads more as some birds lay later on :thumbs:

We had to change a pole over today. Inside the cable guard that was running up the side of pole was a Great Tit nest with 7 or 8 chicks. We tried our best to take the guard off as carefully as possible. We managed to save the nest and put it into a new guard and leant it against an Ash tree. The parents were about but didn't go to the new nest site.

When we'd finished, we put the nest back into some of the old cable guard and nailed the gaurd back on the new pole. We didn't think the tits would return. We left site for dinner, but when we'd finished we had to return to the next field to make the wires live. As we sat waiting for our control centre to get back in contact with us, we saw the tits return and eventually go into the guard and continue feeding the chicks.

Brilliant to see and we were all made up. :thumbs::boogy:

• Like 9

iv found a blue tits nest in a hollow about 30ft away from the robins nest you can just about see the eggs but cant get a picture and a jackdaws nest iv had my eye on has now got chicks in i took a photo but because i was balancing awkwardly i nearly fell gutted tbh as i wanted the egg picture but they might rear 2 broods :D

• Like 1

We had to change a pole over today. Inside the cable guard that was running up the side of pole was a Great Tit nest with 7 or 8 chicks. We tried our best to take the guard off as carefully as possible. We managed to save the nest and put it into a new guard and leant it against an Ash tree. The parents were about but didn't go to the new nest site.

When we'd finished, we put the nest back into some of the old cable guard and nailed the gaurd back on the new pole. We didn't think the tits would return. We left site for dinner, but when we'd finished we had to return to the next field to make the wires live. As we sat waiting for our control centre to get back in contact with us, we saw the tits return and eventually go into the guard and continue feeding the chicks.

great stuff ossie glad they went back,its just a shame i never took pics as a kid and left the eggs alone but we all done stupid things growing up and the field craft i learned over the years is helping me now finding nests i would never have found as a younster

• Like 1

great stuff ossie glad they went back,its just a shame i never took pics as a kid and left the eggs alone but we all done stupid things growing up and the field craft i learned over the years is helping me now finding nests i would never have found as a younster

Yep, was good to see. We didn't think the parents would carry on as if nothing had happened, but they did. We should have taken some pictures too.

Yep, was good to see. We didn't think the parents would carry on as if nothing had happened, but they did. We should have taken some pictures too.

that camera goes everywhere with me now except for this morning and i missed a brilliant chance to get a pic of a female kestrel sitting feet away in a hedge at the side of a wood,i dont know why it never flew it was like a stand off between the 2 of us i just stood their looking right at it then the dogs spoilt the moment :laugh: