Birds Nests And Eggs Thread

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its that time of year when birds are making their nests and laying eggs,iv been out just locally and found quite a few nest already and tbh not really looked that hard to some years so these are just

We had to change a pole over today. Inside the cable guard that was running up the side of pole was a Great Tit nest with 7 or 8 chicks. We tried our best to take the guard off as carefully as possibl

You don't see these all too often........   baby snipe......

Posted Images

What mint thread hats of to all you lads getting out their with your cameras and putting in the effort cheers aidy

tbh aidy most of the nests i found are right on my doorstep and found while taking the dogs out for a walk,and with small garden birds they usually nest at the sides of paths in bramble bushes or hedgerows and you can find most quite easily by tapping the cover with a egging stick and the bird flys out giving its nesting area away :thumbs:

• Like 2

Walking along a few weeks back and a Meadow Pipit flew out of the nest, had a quick look and found this, a Cuckoo had been in there by the look of things

Cuckoo2_zps038b7df6.jpg

Cuckoo1_zps6d3815e7.jpg

Had another look recently with the binoculars as you could just see her sitting on the nest, couldn't see her there no more, closer inspection revealed all eggs had gone.

SINDASOX

• Like 4

Walking along a few weeks back and a Meadow Pipit flew out of the nest, had a quick look and found this, a Cuckoo had been in there by the look of things

Cuckoo2_zps038b7df6.jpg

Cuckoo1_zps6d3815e7.jpg

Had another look recently with the binoculars as you could just see her sitting on the nest, couldn't see her there no more, closer inspection revealed all eggs had gone.

SINDASOX

thats a shame that it would have been nice to see if it was a cuckoo egg it certainly looks like it and then a few pics of the pippit feeding the over large cuckoo chick would have been briliant :thumbs:

thats a shame that it would have been nice to see if it was a cuckoo egg it certainly looks like it and then a few pics of the pippit feeding the over large cuckoo chick would have been briliant :thumbs:

That's what i was really hoping for, real shame.

SINDASOX

great photos mickey,iv never heard of a kill deer before but we have a bird exactly like that in the uk called a little ringed plover :thumbs:

Thanks PIP. Killdeer are actually Plovers that don't go near the shore. They nest in gravel parking lots, playgrounds, and anything similiar to that.

One of my favorite summer birds to watch.

ATB

great photos mickey,iv never heard of a kill deer before but we have a bird exactly like that in the uk called a little ringed plover :thumbs:

Thanks PIP. Killdeer are actually Plovers that don't go near the shore. They nest in gravel parking lots, playgrounds, and anything similiar to that.

One of my favorite summer birds to watch.

ATB

iv only ever found our plovers nesting inland,the first one i found was through what you said about having a pretend broken wing taking you away from its nest :laugh: