Birds Nests And Eggs Thread

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its that time of year when birds are making their nests and laying eggs,iv been out just locally and found quite a few nest already and tbh not really looked that hard to some years so these are just

We had to change a pole over today. Inside the cable guard that was running up the side of pole was a Great Tit nest with 7 or 8 chicks. We tried our best to take the guard off as carefully as possibl

You don't see these all too often........   baby snipe......

Posted Images

Brilliant pics pip.

cheers mate im hoping to add a lot more to it as the breading season gets into full swing,iv got a few nest found that have,nt laid yet its just a pity im getting old now and cant climb the way i used to or i would have had all the crows nest up by now might need a young lad to do the hard work for me :laugh:

• Like 1

Yes it was Allan, only a couple of meters high.. i wont check it again for a good week . It says in my bible (A field Guide to Monitoring Nests) that they are prone to deserting...so ill only check it a couple of times ;) .

• Like 1

Yes it was Allan, only a couple of meters high.. i wont check it again for a good week . It says in my bible (A field Guide to Monitoring Nests) that they are prone to deserting...so ill only check it a couple of times ;) .

thats a great find mr wilkes,found 2 last year myself and kids took them both as thy were quite easy to find

We had to change a pole over today. Inside the cable guard that was running up the side of pole was a Great Tit nest with 7 or 8 chicks. We tried our best to take the guard off as carefully as possible. We managed to save the nest and put it into a new guard and leant it against an Ash tree. The parents were about but didn't go to the new nest site.

When we'd finished, we put the nest back into some of the old cable guard and nailed the gaurd back on the new pole. We didn't think the tits would return. We left site for dinner, but when we'd finished we had to return to the next field to make the wires live. As we sat waiting for our control centre to get back in contact with us, we saw the tits return and eventually go into the guard and continue feeding the chicks.

Brilliant to see and we were all made up. :thumbs::boogy:

Had to go back today to finish off the job. Still there and took these pictures. Hope they came out alright, I can make the Birds out here. Hope you can.

post-57067-0-77439100-1398954581.jpg

post-57067-0-85837400-1398954603.jpg

post-57067-0-24095100-1398954637.jpg

:thumbs:

• Like 7

I have a bit of permission for rabbits and the wood is next to that, its trawled to death by dog walkers but the kids round here would sooner be on the xbox than nesting or making dens. I Netted the area last year and brought the numbers right down but when i was out nesting i saw upward of 30 rabbits :blink: ..

Only ever found one before jd so i hope your right :thumbs: .