• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Far be it from me to get in the middle of yous debate.........but regardless of the rights and wrongs thats some shooting well done that man very impressive.

That's kind of the beauty of the catty.   Can stop the car at the side of the road, bag a woody for the pot and be on your way. No one bats an eyelid.   That's the way it should stay.

Aye all good mate cheers, had baby at 10 past 1 this morn an both home now relaxing

Stupid as it sounds......would a right handed person normally hold the pouch or the catty itself in the right hand ?

Thats about the only thing i havent yet tried swapping hands :D

Edited by gnasher16

Stupid as it sounds......would a right handed person normally hold the pouch or the catty itself in the right hand ? Thats about the only thing i havent yet tried swapping hands :D

I'm right handed, I hold my catty in my right hand mate

You should hold your catty in your weaker hand. The same as a bow. The hand that does all the work and requires most control is the hand holding the pouch.

Actually that makes a lot of sense ... I hold my bow in my left hand even though I am right handed ... Right I will try the catty in my left hand tomorrow and see if that works better ........

Also if i might add yer should find your dominant eye ,an hold the catty in the opposite hand like if yer left eye dominant hold the catty in yer right etc ,just a suggestion though.

I'm left eye dominant so I just close it.

Some people who are right handed shoot perfectly well with the catty in their right hand. I think that it may give a novice an advantage if they hold the pouch in their dominant hand though.

Also if i might add yer should find your dominant eye ,an hold the catty in the opposite hand like if yer left eye dominant hold the catty in yer right etc ,just a suggestion though.

If you're right handed and your left eye is dominant, like myself, then you will find it much harder to shoot a bow, or catapult, instinctively. How many people know how to test what eye is dominant?

If you're right handed and your left eye is dominant, like myself, then you will find it much harder to shoot a bow, or catapult, instinctively. How many people know how to test what eye is dominant?

I don't I presumed my right eye was dominant as that's the one I aim with ??? ......

You should hold your catty in your weaker hand. The same as a bow. The hand that does all the work and requires most control is the hand holding the pouch.

Actually that makes a lot of sense ... I hold my bow in my left hand even though I am right handed ... Right I will try the catty in my left hand tomorrow and see if that works better ........
That's weird that you'd do it that way mate. Seems natural to me if your right handed then to pull the cord with your right.

What shoulder do you shoot of....I'm imagining right?

I reckon this is why you can't hit anything.