You're constantly looking for things to complain about or ways to prove that you know more than others. If you don't like it don't read it. Or better still, put up a video of your catty shooting, demonstrating how it should be done.

I have no problem with BPR he shoots vermin with his catapult, and a very good shot he is. What I do have a problem with is people shooting game out of season. Mugging a Mallard in moult or popping off some half tame pheasant out of season is not really the pinnacle of ethics is it? To be honest it does not really require any skill as they are semi tame and you can walk right up to them, not to mention the fact that it is illegal.

BPR in his videos shoots pigeon and rabbits non of which have a season, he has worked hard to get where he is shooting a catapult wise, many many hours of practice and it has paid off for him. That said, if he went around shooting out of season game with his catapult I would say the same to him.

That is my position, if you don't like it. Tough!

TC

I take it that Harris in your picture has never took a pheasant before Oct 1 or after February 1? or anything not on the Quarry list?.........if so......it's probably the only falconry bird in the UK that hasn't...........but I'm sure your prove me wrong.

When I had my musket I had a licence for the bird to take 8 blackbirds a year. The death of those blackbirds had the same impact on the local population, the licence just made it legal.

In all honesty, the crap that Tiercel spouts, I doubt he even owns a bird. That's probably a photo that was taken at Butlins on a duffers experience weekend.

8 blackbirds a year lol, thats terrible.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Far be it from me to get in the middle of yous debate.........but regardless of the rights and wrongs thats some shooting well done that man very impressive.

That's kind of the beauty of the catty.   Can stop the car at the side of the road, bag a woody for the pot and be on your way. No one bats an eyelid.   That's the way it should stay.

Aye all good mate cheers, had baby at 10 past 1 this morn an both home now relaxing

You just don't see

You're constantly looking for things to complain about or ways to prove that you know more than others. If you don't like it don't read it. Or better still, put up a video of your catty shooting, demonstrating how it should be done.

I have no problem with BPR he shoots vermin with his catapult, and a very good shot he is. What I do have a problem with is people shooting game out of season. Mugging a Mallard in moult or popping off some half tame pheasant out of season is not really the pinnacle of ethics is it? To be honest it does not really require any skill as they are semi tame and you can walk right up to them, not to mention the fact that it is illegal.

BPR in his videos shoots pigeon and rabbits non of which have a season, he has worked hard to get where he is shooting a catapult wise, many many hours of practice and it has paid off for him. That said, if he went around shooting out of season game with his catapult I would say the same to him.

TC

I take it that Harris in your picture has never took a pheasant before Oct 1 or after February 1? or anything not on the Quarry list?.........if so......it's probably the only falconry bird in the UK that hasn't...........but I'm sure your prove me wrong.

That particular bird did not

To be honest if i get the opportunity i will shoot anything, whether its in season or not. What i dont do though is post kills as taken out of season. Just adds fuel to the antis fire

There in that posts lays a major problem with peoples perception of field sports.

TC
Ah well :)
Another one who's ego is bigger than his brain. Who thinks that by blocking out their face no one will know who they are. Then admits to killing any animal if in season or not and thinks he is invisible. Unbelievable.

TC

It's the same silly c**ts complaining when there's nothing to shoot. Ah well.

Its not like catties eradicate the numbers is it? Odd pheasant for the pot or a pigeon for the hawk and ferrets. Hardly make them scarce does it?

There are so many species of truly wild animals / birds that can be taken with a catapult 100% legally why break the law and go for semi-tame / out of season birds. To be honest I think that post about shooting out of season birds will contribute to the demise of hunting with a catapult. When someone puts a photo of a magpie up that has been shot with a catapult that deserves some praise. When someone puts a photo of a mallard that has been mugged on a canal out of season then he deserves everything that is coming to him.

If you cannot see where I am coming from then sorry you do not deserve the term hunter.

Accip 74

That particular female would not fly pheasants. That said, she did take birds that were not on the quarry list, but as you should well know when you release a hawk anything in it,s path is quarry to the bird, and you have no control over it. Hell of a difference to shooting a sitting mallard, wouldn't you say?

TC

• Like 1

When I had my musket I had a licence for the bird to take 8 blackbirds a year. The death of those blackbirds had the same impact on the local population, the licence just made it legal.

In all honesty, the crap that Tiercel spouts, I doubt he even owns a bird. That's probably a photo that was taken at Butlins on a duffers experience weekend.

:laugh:

TC

TC

8 blackbirds a year lol, thats terrible.

I know!! You'll be surprised at how quickly a well conditioned bird can catch 8 of them! lol!!

The problem with sparrowhawks is they'll wed themselves to a particular quarry very quickly. If you've got a female and can get her to take partridge, doves or pigeon then you're laughing. Muskets can go for the easiest option quite readily.

Blackbirds do give some fantastic flights when you're flying from the fist, though.

• Like 1

How do you know there semi tame and been mugged? No matter what you shoot with a catty the game is usually stationary. So what makes a magpie shot at say 15m any different to headshotting an out of season duck at 15m? With the sounds of it you dont shoot a catty anyway so why you so bothered?

Accip 74

That particular female would not fly pheasants. That said, she did take birds that were not on the quarry list, but as you should well know when you release a hawk anything in it,s path is quarry to the bird, and you have no control over it. Hell of a difference to shooting a sitting mallard, wouldn't you say?

TC

Don't sit in your glass house launching your bird at out of season birds. If you've done enough and your bird is following on like it should then sooner or later it's going to drop onto a duck on the water or an out of season hen bird sitting in cover.

Why wouldn't that female fly pheasants? What was her flying weight?

This used to be the only sub forum without the bitching and arguing........

Damn you BPR you f***ing CHOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!

• Like 2

How do you know there semi tame and been mugged? No matter what you shoot with a catty the game is usually stationary. So what makes a magpie shot at say 15m any different to headshotting an out of season duck at 15m? With the sounds of it you dont shoot a catty anyway so why you so bothered?

The reason I am bothered is because I don't want to see any type of hunting lost because of some stupid boasting and bad hunting practice on the internet. Just carry on and I promise you, you will lose the right to hunt with a catapult. I do not hunt with a catapult but would hate to see that right lost.

TC

The image of a catty is hardly a good one anyway is it? Its widely known its a poachers weapon and thats what it will always be. Fieldsports are all going the same way whether we like it or not, its no secret either what still goes on in hunting that shouldnt be, catties will be no different.