• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We'll last year the blue tits nested in a bird box in the garden and it kept me occupied watching all summer so during the winter I have purchased a camera box and put it in the place of my old bird b

Just an update in case anyone is still interested, they have continued building the nest and its getting quite high and close to the camera now, thank god they have stopped filling the box and started

Posted Images

Hows it looking today?

Had a gray tit interested in box this morning but was quickly rushed away by that bloody cocky blackbird that sings on window sill at 5.30 every morning waking the 6 month old lol

Ive emptied the dryer filter and put on lawn hopefully inviting him back with materials

Just an update in case anyone is still interested, they have continued building the nest and its getting quite high and close to the camera now, thank god they have stopped filling the box and started lining it now or else it would have been too close. Here is a PIC of the nest so far:

IMAG0051_zps142eb500.jpg

The camera must be getting pretty close, here is a video of her checking the camera out lol.

th_VIDEO0009_zps1d793d44.jpg

And a clip of her lining the nest, she is using dog hair and feathers from what I can see:

th_VIDEO0011_zps3377534a.jpg

I think its the female only that's building the nest and the male drops the odd bit of material in from the hole, he sometimes comes in and feeds her too. Only she sleeps in the box while he sleeps in the tree. They are very fistey sods and you know when a bird lands in the tree from all the noise they make, she even shoots out the box to send them off with him. When a flock of starlings arrive they go nuts lol.

Cheers tom.

• Like 6

Finally just seen first sighn of an egg! This morning she was breathing really fast and was a bit concerned as it was very fast and thought something was wrong. She left the box and didn't return until bout 20:30 but left her nest a mess so presumably she had laid it and then covered the egg with moss. Just 5 mins ago she stood out of the nest cup and I caught a glimpse of 1 egg so very happy as it looks like there should be chicks to see soon!

In between the last 2 updates she did this (video).....

th_VIDEO0014_zpsa3c8370b.jpg

I'm not sure if this was her laying the second egg as her breathing was fast again, to you knowlagable folk on here does this look like she could be laying an egg?

Cheers

Tom.

Edited by tomburras