We'll last year the blue tits nested in a bird box in the garden and it kept me occupied watching all summer so during the winter I have purchased a camera box and put it in the place of my old bird box. Iv watched this everyday since and there was no interest in it and I began to loose hope that they where going to nest in there. Well i come in from work tonight and they have moved in today and really been busy building a nest! Iv taken some pics and I'm going to try upload them now. I'm abserlutely overjoyed and can't wait to see how this years nest box unfolds!!!

• Like 8

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We'll last year the blue tits nested in a bird box in the garden and it kept me occupied watching all summer so during the winter I have purchased a camera box and put it in the place of my old bird b

Just an update in case anyone is still interested, they have continued building the nest and its getting quite high and close to the camera now, thank god they have stopped filling the box and started

Posted Images

yes the videos work mate ! really intresting thought about getting one, saw them i aldi i think , are lass has cats so i try and discourage birds out of garden not in but would be good to watch yours, keep us posted atb Armdog

• Like 1

yes the videos work mate ! really intresting thought about getting one, saw them i aldi i think , are lass has cats so i try and discourage birds out of garden not in but would be good to watch yours, keep us posted atb Armdog

Thanks armdog! I got it from tong garden centre 60 quid I think it was, its got sound and night vision too. Next doors got a cat and the bugger sometimes tries to climb the tree. Last year the bluetits divebombed it loads of times. They even kept the wood pigeons out of the tree. As soon as last years blue tit chicks fledged a pair of wood pigeons nested in the tree, they built the crappest nest iv ever seen literally took them 24 hours to build. They never fledged anything and I found there eggs in the grass!

Great stuff Tom so gutted nowt in box you gave me yet but hope yet some class fotage I got earlier mite have a trip to range tomorrow see if any of them boxes we saw left but prob left it too late now

Looking forward to these updates :)

• Like 1

I have one of those with sound and night vision type thing on it but i've changed mine around and have it opened up and set up in one of my native aviaries but last year they built their own nests rather than use the box and the buggers are doing the same so far this year so will have to change it around or just yse the camera above a nest site they have built themselves.Great pics and please keep us updated with them.

• Like 1

Brilliant tom, looking forward to seeing the out come after the hatch. Keep us updated on the progress.

Thanks beam, if there's some interest I'll keep a regular update post as it goes along. Fingers crossed they will keep going as well as last year.

I have one of those with sound and night vision type thing on it but i've changed mine around and have it opened up and set up in one of my native aviaries but last year they built their own nests rather than use the box and the buggers are doing the same so far this year so will have to change it around or just yse the camera above a nest site they have built themselves.Great pics and please keep us updated with them.

Thanks fireman, hopefully they will keep at it and nest in the box and ill try my best with the updates.

• Like 1

Today the nest has doubled in size and it seems its only been built by one of the birds? The nesting material has also changed into smaller stuff as it looks like it is starting to line the nest. Iv put some handfuls of dog hair out as last years nest was lined with lots of my brindle deerhound lurchers fur.

Here's a video clip of it pushing a bowl into the moss with its chest, its been doing this regular as the nest builds up...

th_VIDEO0006_zpse11f4237.jpg

Edited by tomburras
  • Like 1