RAT ATTACK SMOKERS ?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

These were actually discussed to bits here some time ago. And I must admit, while initially being very sceptical myself, I was surprised to see them actually pronounced as pretty damn good!

Seems they're based on the unit there which has long since been sold in USA as an insect fumigator for household use. Pat Burns is well familiar with them and really had nothing bad to say about them. They Don't fall apart and they're Not just some cheap bit of gimmickry, so we were assured. They're simply a commercialy produced piece of kit for doing a job ~ much like that power drill in ye tool cupboard.

I'd have one myself, if I could make use of it. But I only have one terrier and I can't see her doing much against a rush of fleeing rats. I also encounter few enough situations where Smoking would be my first solution either. But I must say, when ever I see that hulking great 'Mexican Ferret' I keep in my own store room here, I always dread the day I might have to bring it out and try to use it. I just Know the damn thing'll let me down. Refuse to start or else konk out as the client looks on.

So, maybe if I ever come acros the situation where I Must Smoke? I'd sooner grab one of these and feel more relaxed about attempting the job. It seems they work.

i seen 1 working 2 weeks ago :whistling: seen loads flames coming from the mesh piece. Once he got it sorted and it warmed up properly before using it, :victory: it did produce lots and lots of smoke :clapper: very silently as well.

The rats didn't bolt at all :wallbash: :wallbash: , so we turned back to the 2stroke petrol motor.

i was going to buy 1 of these new smokers meself ,but i don't think i'll bother yet lol

Bry

i seen 1 working 2 weeks ago :whistling: seen loads flames coming from the mesh piece. Once he got it sorted and it warmed up properly before using it, :victory: it did produce lots and lots of smoke :clapper: very silently as well.

The rats didn't bolt at all :wallbash: :wallbash: , so we turned back to the 2stroke petrol motor.

i was going to buy 1 of these new smokers meself ,but i don't think i'll bother yet lol

Bry

doesnt your mate get on well with it ? if not, does he want to sell it ?

also do you think they will get the rabbits to bolt?

richie

Guest jbswildlife

Bry

these smokers will bolt rats but the chainsaw will cause nosie adding to confusion helping the terrier to nail the f**kers

joe

Bought mine from Arthur Carter at the Welsh this Year,have used it several times made the mistake of turning the gas up to high and putting to much oil in F\\\\\\\\\king smoke you never seen nothing like it,does the job much better than a chain saw no noise whatsoever.havent really come on a bad infestation yet to road test it properly ,only ones and twos,dont know if it will bolt rabbits will give it a try.

Bought mine from Arthur Carter at the Welsh this Year,have used it several times made the mistake of turning the gas up to high and putting to much oil in F\\\\\\\\\king smoke you never seen nothing like it,does the job much better than a chain saw no noise whatsoever.havent really come on a bad infestation yet to road test it properly ,only ones and twos,dont know if it will bolt rabbits will give it a try.

will this sort of idea bolt rabbits where their is to much undergrowth, not allowing to ferret

cheers :thumbs:

I have used the smoker, not that well impressed, as Bry says they can be dangerous with the open flame. On quite a few occasions we used the "Rat Smoker" to bolt a few rats, just for fun we used a strimmer engine after the smoker just to see if anything was left in the holes, everytime we bolted more rats with the two stroke. In the end we put smoke in from the Rat Smoker and blew it on through using the strimmer engine.

• 1 year later...
have used this smoker with varying success it tends to take longer for rats to bolt probably the lack of noise. used last year no problems this year starting problems not sure why anyone got any ideas

well, it can only be one of two things, :hmm: empty gas bottle, or the ignitation switch

These were actually discussed to bits here some time ago. And I must admit, while initially being very sceptical myself, I was surprised to see them actually pronounced as pretty damn good!

Seems they're based on the unit there which has long since been sold in USA as an insect fumigator for household use. Pat Burns is well familiar with them and really had nothing bad to say about them. They Don't fall apart and they're Not just some cheap bit of gimmickry, so we were assured. They're simply a commercialy produced piece of kit for doing a job ~ much like that power drill in ye tool cupboard.

I'd have one myself, if I could make use of it. But I only have one terrier and I can't see her doing much against a rush of fleeing rats. I also encounter few enough situations where Smoking would be my first solution either. But I must say, when ever I see that hulking great 'Mexican Ferret' I keep in my own store room here, I always dread the day I might have to bring it out and try to use it. I just Know the damn thing'll let me down. Refuse to start or else konk out as the client looks on.

So, maybe if I ever come acros the situation where I Must Smoke? I'd sooner grab one of these and feel more relaxed about attempting the job. It seems they work.

How's it going Ditch, never heard from you in ages, ye've not been smoking them "Mexican Ferret joints" again have ye? lovely to hear from you, ian. :D