A Bullet Proof Vest Could Stop An Arrow Couldn't It ?

Two completely different projectiles. A broadhead has far more penetration power per ft/lb than a bullet. They kill by two different methods.

If i had to guess I would say that a broadhead clad arrow would zip through one side of a vest, through the person wearing it, and out of the other side....

Two completely different projectiles. A broadhead has far more penetration power per ft/lb than a bullet. They kill by two different methods.

If i had to guess I would say that a broadhead clad arrow would zip through one side of a vest, through the person wearing it, and out of the other side....

not a chance , body armour or bulletproof vests have a front plate and a back plate ,no way it would go through the 2 plates and the body ,,,,id very much doubt it would go through a half tidy sets front plate to be honest ,but i will find out

not a chance , body armour or bulletproof vests have a front plate and a back plate ,no way it would go through the 2 plates and the body ,,,,id very much doubt it would go through a half tidy sets front plate to be honest ,but i will find out

http://youtu.be/1nLRymWv-CA

Well I stand corrected. It's not the first time I've been wrong, and it sure as hell won't be the last.... I thought BP vests and body (stab) armour were different though...

They are ,BP vest have plates in a pocket on the front and back as well as what stab vest has ,id very much doubt a bolt/arrow would pass through the first plate ,you can get different plates but most will stop a 7.62, some you can get will stop a .50 but weigh about 30lb lol...............not 100% on stab vests but they don't have plates and are a lot lighter

Well I stand corrected. It's not the first time I've been wrong, and it sure as hell won't be the last.... I thought BP vests and body (stab) armour were different though...

They are ,BP vest have plates in a pocket on the front and back as well as what stab vest has ,id very much doubt a bolt/arrow would pass through the first plate ,you can get different plates but most will stop a 7.62, some you can get will stop a .50 but weigh about 30lb lol...............not 100% on stab vests but they don't have plates and are a lot lighter

stab vests are kevlar not plated like a bullet or blast vest

We tested level II armour, over here, with knives too. You might as well be wearing a T shirt.

Some carriers can fit steel plates, which solve the problem, but if you should still bring a gun to a knife fight! :laugh:

Defense ammunition (hollowpoints) are designed to expand on impact. Designed to create a larger wound channel from a small projectile. Kevlar is designed to absorb that shock make the bullet expand prematurely. Like catching a golf ball in a net.

Arrows and knives are designed to puncture and cut, hence the issue with being able to pass the ballistic armour.

Edited by ChrisJones

Is the stab vest not classed as the old body armour in the forces?

I think a arrow would rip through the old body armours no probs.

If you put the chest and back plates in the old ones, arrow would bounce of that small plated area.

It would bounce of the osprey with plates don't think it would even scratch it to be fair.

Those full front and rear plated issued out in herrick are heavy duty gear.

Your right they weigh 30lb.

I think they way there shaped an arrow would bounce of one. Don't think they would even scratch them