Gas-Ram - How Much Do They Wear Through Normal Regular Use?

Hi, I have been offered a gas ram that has been removed from a rifle, the rifle has been used a few times a week for a few years in all weather conditions. The rifle has also been dismantled at least 4 times probably more. I have owned gas ram rifles but never for a great length of time so I was just wondering if anyone could estimate how much longer it would last.

Thanks

Scott

Hard to say as it'll all depend on usage. Gas rams will last longer than springs and be more consistant. If you're burning through springs in your rifles, then a gas ram will extend the time between refits.

If you're not burning through springs then you're unlikely to wear out a gas ram.

My own experience with a bsa lightning and fitting a gas ram was it did not last to long .When I asked in an air gun shop in wembley ,west london about gas rams they said... dont bother .We dont have any thing to do with the gas rams that you fit in to lightnings any more because they fail to often and they are to much trouble .6 mouths you will get trouble they said... ...I thought they are just giving me rubbish so I got and fitted a gas ram from theoben 6 mouths later power drop of 1 ft lbs and oil leaking out of the ram unit ....THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE ONLY .... the gas ram did shoot great for a short time but I have gone back to a nice fitting spring and spring guide much better .