• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

birds in new flight no chicks yet

Simplicity is key pete,keep it easy to do and the extra's just happen with expiriance mate.If you try to do things "by the book" as it were your just fry your head with trying to take it all in but ho

That is a top notch bit of wood work you have done there..and if you put half the effort into your bird's that you have put into that tidy set up you will have a good season..

Posted Images

Looks really good that mate :thumbs: .....what will you put on the floor shavings or something ?

cheers gnasher ,i just put sand on the floor birds like it & easy to do :yes:

What sort of sand proper bird sand or can you just use builders sand or whatever ?........not quizzing you mate just i been thinking of putting something down myself as mines a concrete floor and getting a bit fed up with it.

Looks really good that mate :thumbs: .....what will you put on the floor shavings or something ?

cheers gnasher ,i just put sand on the floor birds like it & easy to do :yes:

What sort of sand proper bird sand or can you just use builders sand or whatever ?........not quizzing you mate just i been thinking of putting something down myself as mines a concrete floor and getting a bit fed up with it.

gnasher used builders sand for years never harmed my birds they seem to use it as a grit ,even when its been wet dries straight out :thumbs:

• Like 2

I'm just about on the point of giving up and using sand too :( All this Snowflake and Easibed, organic, dust free, hemp fibre, com f**king postable etc. etc. etc is well and good, If ye can get it!

€8.00 for 10Kg, here. And I'd have to pay €22.00 for it. Then take a €20.00 round f**king taxi trip to pick it up from where they'd leave it! FFS!

€8.00 can also buy me 20Kg of sharp sand. And they'll fetch it to my gate, for free.

F**k me! All my f**king life people have lined birds cages with sand. Nothing Happened!!!

Sometimes, I really just need to stop myself and ask, " Why ....? " I mean; Follow the modern logic and I'd be feeding my Dogs f**king " Complete Dog Food " :censored:

• Like 1

I'm just about on the point of giving up and using sand too :( All this Snowflake and Easibed, organic, dust free, hemp fibre, com f**king postable etc. etc. etc is well and good, If ye can get it!

€8.00 for 10Kg, here. And I'd have to pay €22.00 for it. Then take a €20.00 round f**king taxi trip to pick it up from where they'd leave it! FFS!

€8.00 can also buy me 20Kg of sharp sand. And they'll fetch it to my gate, for free.

F**k me! All my f**king life people have lined birds cages with sand. Nothing Happened!!!

Sometimes, I really just need to stop myself and ask, " Why ....? " I mean; Follow the modern logic and I'd be feeding my Dogs f**king " Complete Dog Food " :censored:

Simplicity is key pete,keep it easy to do and the extra's just happen with expiriance mate.If you try to do things "by the book" as it were your just fry your head with trying to take it all in but honestly it's not hard to keep birds and like i say the extra bits you sort of just find yourself doing as of when and if :thumbs: .If you did want to start doing a few extra things then get a few dandilion seeds saved up and some chickweed beds going away from the dogs,i know your'll be keeping canaries but it's natural finch food and canaries are finches as you know :thumbs: and over the summer all the other wild food will come and by the time those birds arrive your'll have a stock pile of healthy wild food stuffs any bird man would be proud of :yes:.

• Like 4

:icon_redface: That's me for ye, Mule. I obsess about the details.

Nothing wrong with that though, to my mind. One thing that absolutely f**king grips my shit is reading shit like;

" I've just bought a <insert novel new pet 'trending' on Yahoo Answers> What do I feed it? "

RantyFace.gif F**k Me!!!! These f**king people!

I've bent more ears than a corn field, sussing out my own bird room. I'm just waiting on someone to put me straight on the lighting plan.

Taz has ~ beyond generous! ~ offered to sort me out some starter birds.

Fireman, bless him, sent me some drinkers and such, when I'd grabbed some cages and was thrashing around in a panic, unable to find a source here.

So, yeah. I now just lack food and floor covering. Oh. And a bird! :laugh:

I still have all my feelers out for 'Just a canary' though. Just any old f**king thing ~ well, except a Gloster or Norwich! God, I can't stand those f**king things! :bad:

I'd just like a bird to train with. A dress rehearsal to test my preparations on.

If I could get such a bird tomorrow, and it still be hopping about in September? Great!

If I get it tomorrow and it's on its back by the weekend? Houston ....?! :icon_eek:

• Like 1

Fireman; Ye better believe I was eye balling the dandelions, as I walked the Dogs, today! :D

They actually seem sparse and, possibly, late (?) here. Just not a lot of them. My horses ....?

So; Are ye saying I could forage wild stuff, now, that would benefit my own birds, at the end of the year?

Okay. That being so, my first instinct is that I'd be robbing the wild birds. I don't like to do that.

So; I could buy these things? F**k, yeah! Just like I can buy anything else I want here! I just breeze down to the Anything Shop! :rolleyes:

Okay. I don't give up that easily. Wonder if I could Grow the f**king stuff? My own little Weed Garden.

I have a small triangle of ground here. Surrounded by tarred roads. Not much is gonna creep That far ....!

• Like 1