White Bubbles In Eyes?

Not long since I posted a picture of a hens eye that had gone manky any way I sorted that with some eye infection cream. Since then every couple of days another has the same problem, I'm treating a couple at the moment but was wondering of anyone knows where it could be coming from and is there a best way to treat them all? The eye swells slightly and weeps white bubbles? Any help would be much aprechiated

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure if this is the same thing lads but pheasants get a similar thing and it's called Mycoplasma??? If so and you can get your hands on Batril you can give them a dose and see what happens. Wort

Give them a good dose of Baytril mate. I know it's expensive but don't scrimp on it and give it for the recommended dosage. As for disinfectant I've always used Stalosan( check spelling).. It's a pin

Tylan, Licospectrum, avilosin, Pulmatil will all treat this infection. As for killing everything dont be daft and its stupid advice get it treated then you know where you stand.

Personly that's what I would do Charlie... I've seen symptoms befor and it spreads like wild fire.... If the birds with the symptoms are greatly Valuable to you..... I would remove them from your place isolate some where.... Try cure them... But I would Deathinly remove any with theses symptoms and disinfect all pens and coups and line your ground should do the trick..... Uk

Not sure if this is the same thing lads but pheasants get a similar thing and it's called Mycoplasma???

If so and you can get your hands on Batril you can give them a dose and see what happens. Worth a shot before you chop them.

• Like 1

Could be lab I have some baytril so il fire some of that into them, as for lime uk is there a certain one I should use and what would be a good dis infectant?

Give them a good dose of Baytril mate. I know it's expensive but don't scrimp on it and give it for the recommended dosage.

As for disinfectant I've always used Stalosan( check spelling).. It's a pink powder mate and you just lash it about all surfaces. Can be spread in areas where birds are present too.

• Like 1

Like to add anything can transfer diseases, pheasants , crows all wild birds etc. I'm a big believer that untreated worms (gapes) advances onto respiratory infections in birds. Also the only medication whats licenced to treat mycoplasma is avilosin but all what I've mentioned above will treat it.

• Like 1

Like I seid if there value to you isolate them and treat them..... if they happen to be proven brood fowl witch I dowt..... Evan then I would think twice...... As for me and my stupid addvice.... Well chew on this one for a while..... I for one would not keep a stag or cock who been sick/I'll for period of time in he's life not matter how well he looks later believe me it's gonna show up down the line and gonna pay the price! As for breed from stag/cock hen/pullet..... Who's been sick diseased.... Not bat in hell chance!!.... What do expect to breed.... Have any of youse wanna be chicken men ever heard breed from constitutionally sound brood fowl? dint think so

The problam is a lot so called chicken men/pedlers ant gonna kill somethink what's sick/ill disease.... Why would they when can just treat them and later on they gonna look ok? Well good anuff to sell to some greenhorn and make a few bob..... Real breeders don't run chicken hospitals....

The lad asked for help, advice I gave him opinions half of the people keeping chickens wouldn't even know they had problems until its too late. Like usual you always pick fault unless your the one giving advice. Where did we say it was broodfowl and who cares if it is. You stated kneck it when if the truth you haven't a clue how to treat it. Try getting hold of a book called back yard flock. It might help to understand whst medication treats what when someone asks for advice instead of just telling em to kneck it.You dont have to suffer from disease to understand how medication works. It makes you a wiser person when somebody ask you for advice.

• Like 1