Dam Sprinkler System!

Morning all, Had a free evening so did what we all would do if we could and went shooting. dropped bigmac97kt a line but he couldn't make it so i was on my lonesome.

got to the golf course and set up a target in the car park to zero. took me 5 shots it was well out, half my mag on zeroing.

i had been told by the course manager that they had planted new flowers around the 1st and 15th T off box's and didn't want them eaten so i headed up to the 15th where i could lay up by some trees. by the time i got there and went prone the few rabbits i had seen on a sweep of the lamp were gone, but i stayed put. less than ten minutes later and two came running out of the tree line 40 or so yards from me but they wouldn't stay still eventually my patience was rewarded when they came closer and started munching on flowers i was there to protect. the moon was bright and i cold see them without the lamp but couldn't make out the cross hairs and the batteries for my IR were out. put the lamp on low and one of them bolted and the other stood up like a meerkat so i took aim and CRACK, 177 sounds brutal on impact. straight over no kick, 36 yrds paced.

16.4.14(1)

I picked up left off to the first T, en route i saw a set of eyes sitting on the top of a bank between some thick's it was only around 20 yards. took to one knee and took the shot, heard the unmistakable CRACK but the stupid thing fell backwards into the long grass and brambles and after 10 minutes of looking i gave up.

The 18th green is on top of a little bank and i was going to lay up at the bottom of the bank overlooking the 1st Tee off box, on the way there i saw three sets of eyes so i stalked to the bottom of the bank and went prone, took aim and...the fliipin automated sprinkler system turned on shot me in the face at point blank range!!

slightly P**sed and wet i headed to the truck to dry off. i wasn't even trying to be quiet but got to the end of the tree line i was following and caught site of some movement in a strip of moonlight 10-15 yards away. a rabbit had its back to me and head down so i gave it a squeak and as it reared i used a tree for support and took a standing shot, CRACK. went through the back of head and out the chin. 14 yards paced. when i got there i saw it had food in its mouth, big ass leaf fro the freshly planted flowers.

16.4.14(3)

16.4.14(2)

two in the bag and one in bush.

• Like 2

Sorry i did not make it mate but im snowed under with work but i hope to make it one night soon cracking shooting bud have you sold the scorpion yet atvbmac

Thanks mac. You have to get yourself up mate, the place is crawling. They're shy but you get enough chances. yer mate scorpion sold, I put it on gunstar and was gone in a day. Still looking into diferent night vision options.

• Like 1

Sorry i did not make it mate but im snowed under with work but i hope to make it one night soon cracking shooting bud have you sold the scorpion yet atvbmac

Thanks mac. You have to get yourself up mate, the place is crawling. They're shy but you get enough chances. yer mate scorpion sold, I put it on gunstar and was gone in a day. Still looking into diferent night vision options.

I will get there the next invite mate just work this week is doing my head in cant wait until the week end so i can get out with the raider or the 97k or even both atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: