• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 2 dogs get a bunch of bananas (5 or 6) and 2 tins of tomatoes per week between them.   Main diet is chicken mince. 1lb a day each, plus offal, heart, tripe, turkey necks, fatty off cuts, brown br

Can't give them to collie x's though !!

Love a dog that will eat anything put in front of it. makes for easier vitamin intake and saves having to put all that unnatural supplement shite into em

Yeh I feed both regularly :thumbs:

How often do you feed and how many?

My 2 dogs get a bunch of bananas (5 or 6) and 2 tins of tomatoes per week between them.

Main diet is chicken mince. 1lb a day each, plus offal, heart, tripe, turkey necks, fatty off cuts, brown bread, brown rice etc.

Both 24" and about 45lb in weight to give an idea of size...

CBB05A4F-25EB-4476-8E0A-0EE2F587B2B9_zps

• Like 7

Feed the dog a dry food made of fruit and its cold pressed markus its called a german food just a small handfull miixed with raw seems to be doing them good

I fed Markus Muhele for a few months and it's the best dry food I've ever fed.

Feed the dog a dry food made of fruit and its cold pressed markus its called a german food just a small handfull miixed with raw seems to be doing them good

dont think you could give them to much it would soon put the weight on them just a small handfull with there raw

dont think you could give them to much it would soon put the weight on them just a small handfull with there raw

That's exactly how I used to feed it.

Like everything else use with common sense.

Alessandro Piras a top greyhound vet has been promoting them for a few years, this was published in 2005.

"Most athletes include bananas as part of their diet. They also use them on racehorses.

"The reason is the high level of vitamins and the electrolyte potassium plus the right type of carbohydrates and fibres that are beneficial to the gut. "To begin with, many trainers made fun of me.But gradually,some of the more enlightened

ones tried bananas and now by word of mouth many trainers are feeding them.”

All those that claim dogs can’t, don’t digest, use or benefit from carbs of course know better lol.

He went on to say on Quack remedies...

"I get so irritated by some of the rubbish that I hear about injuries that are just not possible.

"Probably the biggest concerns trapped nerves. Please print this clearly - unless the body has an unusual bone growth - it is impossible to get a trapped nerve.

"Nature has designed us all over millions of years and would not allow something so badly designed to take place.

"In almost all cases, supposed ‘trapped nerves’ are actually sore or inflamed tendons and ligaments. "What happens is that when somebody says they are ‘putting it back’ they are simply massaging an inflamed area. "Think of it like this. If you wash the car on Sunday, you might have a sore back and shoulder on Monday. "So what do you do? You massage it with your hands and relieve the pressure of the surrounding muscles which have contracted and are protecting the sore area. "I also keep hearing of ‘cracked L7’ injuries. This refers to the seventh lumbar vertebrae in

the back. "It is almost impossible to happen and would need X-rays to diagnose. In my career, I have never yet encountered a legitimate L7 or S1 (first sacral vertebrae) injury. "If they really do exist they are to be proven scientifically

all those that have dogs with backs, shoulder, necks etc out of course know better lol.

• Like 2