To Soon To Apply For Different Gun ?

I have just recieved my ticket (feb) for fac air . I have 600 acres of permission and at times wish I had something with a bit more range. Yesterday I stop to chat to my local farmer and have gained another 300 acres. He has also stated on the permission slip that he wants the foxes sorted.Thats 900 acres at moment thinking about sending in for .22lr and 17hmr with my signed permission slip. Or is it to soon? Also do I have to wait for comformation from feo that the land is clear for the fac air I have. The farmers son use to take care of things with his 17hmr on the land.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just recieved my ticket (feb) for fac air . I have 600 acres of permission and at times wish I had something with a bit more range. Yesterday I stop to chat to my local farmer and have gained another 300 acres. He has also stated on the permission slip that he wants the foxes sorted.Thats 900 acres at moment thinking about sending in for .22lr and 17hmr with my signed permission slip. Or is it to soon? Also do I have to wait for comformation from feo that the land is clear for the fac air I have. The farmers son use to take care of things with his 17hmr on the land.

if you have a need for a calibre then ask for it to be added, however it will cost you 26 quid for each variation

Also do I have to wait for comformation from feo that the land is clear for the fac air I have. The farmers son use to take care of things with his 17hmr on the land.

As paulus above.....and unless you know for sure the land is cleared you need to check, he may have had an Open FAC!

Just got off the phone to firearms dept and the land is cleared for full bore. He as requested a copy of my permission slip for my file . The farmer ask me to take care of fox aswell . I asked then what minium calibre for fox . Something like a 22 hornet they said but if I had a 17hmr and it was close enough I could take the shot, but they wouldn't condition it for fox. So happy days , I don't plan to specifically target fox but good to know I can take one if he's in close range.

but if I had a 17hmr and it was close enough I could take the shot, but they wouldn't condition it for fox.

I love how vague the people in charge can be. What he might think is 'close enough' may not be your definition. Also, I'd love to see them police that...

"Hang on Adrian, don't move as I need to fetch my tape measure". :hmm:

Good job on the confirmation on 17HMR but realistically his guidance is about as useful as a handbrake on a canoe with that statement.

Ya maybe further down the line. The last permission I got did mention deer. Like I said to him probally be a while before I can get a centerfire. Original plan was fac air 17hmr and eventually put in for .243. Some of my ground i felt more suited for fac air but now I gain 300 acres elsewhere a .22 is needed. I would rather spend some time with the rimfires before putting in for a centrefire.

Just got off the phone to firearms dept and the land is cleared for full bore. He as requested a copy of my permission slip for my file . The farmer ask me to take care of fox aswell . I asked then what minium calibre for fox . Something like a 22 hornet they said but if I had a 17hmr and it was close enough I could take the shot, but they wouldn't condition it for fox. So happy days , I don't plan to specifically target fox but good to know I can take one if he's in close range.

If your rifle isn't conditioned for fox and you shot one you can kiss goodbye to your rifles and ticket!

Confused .com. If my ticket is at risk why would they so its ok. I will put a line in the good reson box like,17hmr also for close range fox.My recent permission slip states the farmer whats me to take fox so there is a need.I will send a copy with the variation form. See what happens.

Confused .com. If my ticket is at risk why would they so its ok. I will put a line in the good reson box like,17hmr also for close range fox.My recent permission slip states the farmer whats me to take fox so there is a need.I will send a copy with the variation form. See what happens.

It usually states on your ticket what your allowed to shoot.

If you have All Lawful Quarry, then you're ok.

If not and you have eg. vermin, ground game and other small quarry against the HMR. Then you can't shoot fox (its regarded as medium quarry). Some would argue its vermin but I'm using the headings from the Firearmas Guidance Tables as It's these the police would most likely rely on in Court.