• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're right there 3175Darren......they're not easy.... Most people that try to get them end up giving up due to the frustration.... Like banging your head against a brick wall!!

Mrs tried to get some for me, not easy, my favourite was one that was an accident in that she knocked something in the dark al got a blurry shot.   I like the effect she hates it lol.        

Nearly home...............

Posted Images

Thats a top class photo, fair play darcy!

What lense do you use?

Thanks. The pics I post on here are not good enough for the books. They're just from the recycle bin to be honest.

Believe it or not the lens is a cheapo £60 er. It's a plastic lens made by canon, 50 mm.

I've tried most every lens there is to try, the one I was using before this was an L series 17-40, but it wasn't 'that' crisp to be honest. I've decided to give this cheapo lens a good trial tynchis season and see what the results are. I think have a good flash unit is the key........ :thumbs:

would need to be ETTL with high speed sync and set to the multi stroboscopic option. you could possible use a few off camera flash units with a remote and receiver units. that way you should be able to increase you shutter speed, a light meter would also be helpful

Try it and let me know how the piccys come out........... :whistling::tongue2:

Shutter speed cannot be fast, so there's no point in dwelling on that......

The thing is; you've not got time to do any adjusting once the action starts. Everything happens so fast you've got to get your shit together before you get to the fields...... :whistling:

I do alot of my lamping on my own, give or take. Obviously having a dog that don't need to be leashed is always a mega bonus.....

Edited by J Darcy

What lense do you use?

Thanks. The pics I post on here are not good enough for the books. They're just from the recycle bin to be honest.

Believe it or not the lens is a cheapo £60 er. It's a plastic lens made by canon, 50 mm.

I've tried most every lens there is to try, the one I was using before this was an L series 17-40, but it wasn't 'that' crisp to be honest. I've decided to give this cheapo lens a good trial tynchis season and see what the results are. I think have a good flash unit is the key........ :thumbs:

would need to be ETTL with high speed sync and set to the multi stroboscopic option. you could possible use a few off camera flash units with a remote and receiver units. that way you should be able to increase you shutter speed, a light meter would also be helpful

The thing is; you've not got time to do any adjusting once the action starts. Everything happens so fast you've got to get your shit together before you get to the fields...... :whistling:

I do about 90% of my lamping on my own, give or take. Obviously having a dog that don't need to be leashed is always a mega bonus.....

shutter speed is only limited to around 200 because of how the shutter works, but high speed sync get around this by using multiple flashes as the shutter opens and closes in sync with the shutter so you will not get the same part picture as you would without it, multistropic allows several multiple flashes to be fired off in quick succession but has to be set as per the instructions for the flash as it will be limited to the number of shots you can take in a single burst.

What lense do you use?

I do about 90% of my lamping on my own, give or take. Obviously having a dog that don't need to be leashed is always a mega bonus.....

shutter speed is only limited to around 200 because of how the shutter works, but high speed sync get around this by using multiple flashes as the shutter opens and closes in sync with the shutter so you will not get the same part picture as you would without it, multistropic allows several multiple flashes to be fired off in quick succession but has to be set as per the instructions for the flash as it will be limited to the number of shots you can take in a single burst.

I know that darling.........have you tried it yet?? :tongue2::icon_eek:

Edited to add, I'm not shooting with a canon flash. I've tried them and they are not up to the job that I require. So, I have settled on a metz mecablitz unit. I've used strobe, synch and most every setting that there is, but they're not suitable for lamping pics IMO.

It's takena couple of decades to get the system I've got now, so thats why I'm loath to change it too much. I do experiment to try and get better shots all the time. But what does need to be remembered is that the kit has to be carried for several hours, so there are limits on what kit you can feasably carry all night.

Edited by J Darcy

What lense do you use?

ok will give it a go tonight, just to show you how its done, Honey :laugh:

What lense do you use?

ok will give it a go tonight, just to show you how its done, Honey :laugh:

6F286D8B-447C-4F23-97FC-4647479A8817_zps

:laugh:

Edited by RossM
  • Like 1

My day job is a photographer.

A very high ISO, 1/500th shutter speed , fast glass, F2 or faster would be my way of doing it. If you can get reasonably close, using servo focus you should be able to nail it.

Don't have the lamping kit anymore but I reckon on something like a canon 7dmk2 or a D4 Nikon you would get some cracking stuff at ISO12800

• Like 1

Mrs tried to get some for me, not easy, my favourite was one that was an accident in that she knocked something in the dark al got a blurry shot.

I like the effect she hates it lol.

attachicon.gifLAMP.jpg

I really like that ,very arty ..it's like an oil painting

I found it better the better you know the ground so can anticipate the action and get the camera in a good position. Had a few that ran straight at the Mrs, lurcher flying in a speed in pursuit, she was less impressed lol.

She's not been out since.

My day job is a photographer.

A very high ISO, 1/500th shutter speed , fast glass, F2 or faster would be my way of doing it. If you can get reasonably close, using servo focus you should be able to nail it.

Don't have the lamping kit anymore but I reckon on something like a canon 7dmk2 or a D4 Nikon you would get some cracking stuff at ISO12800

Hi, Full framers are miles ahead of 7D's and 1/500 is far too fast. More like 1/200 or less. Depends on what you want. The servo cannot focus in the dark or when trying to follow a lamp.

JMHO.

p.s, have a go and post your results....good luck. :victory: :victory:

Edited by J Darcy