• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're right there 3175Darren......they're not easy.... Most people that try to get them end up giving up due to the frustration.... Like banging your head against a brick wall!!

Mrs tried to get some for me, not easy, my favourite was one that was an accident in that she knocked something in the dark al got a blurry shot.   I like the effect she hates it lol.        

Nearly home...............

Posted Images

I've spent over 20 years on them, they are hard to get and i don't know of anyone who has cracked it. To get good lamping pics you need lots of dedication, you have to lug about a heavy lump of gear too.

I use a bar with the camera, lamp and 2 external flashes mounted to it. The camera needs to be set on manual focus with a high F rating. The flashes have to have a low output too. This is to freeze action. The more powerful the flash the slower the speed it fires, meaning you'll get alot of blur.

I have a large collection now, but it has taken me a long, long time and decades of frustration. It's only in the past couple of years that everythings come together, it's the biggest challenge I have ever faced. Thats do get good photos consistantly. One swallow doesn't make a summer, to get dozens of good shots a night takes a lot of dedication.....Thats my two pennorth worth....JD

• Like 1

Mrs tried to get some for me, not easy, my favourite was one that was an accident in that she knocked something in the dark al got a blurry shot.

I like the effect she hates it lol.

post-2025-0-17715600-1396883372.jpg

I found it better the better you know the ground so can anticipate the action and get the camera in a good position. Had a few that ran straight at the Mrs, lurcher flying in a speed in pursuit, she was less impressed lol.

She's not been out since.

• Like 11

Thanks for replying fellas! It's a far from easy thing to do I know! There's been plenty of nights where I have taken a good few pictures and while sorting through them the majority of them were poor quality! Frustrating I know but the ones that come of good quality make it worthwhile! One thing I have learned is to be close up to the action as you stand a better chance of getting a good shot so knowing the lie of the land is a big help!

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Mrs tried to get some for me, not easy, my favourite was one that was an accident in that she knocked something in the dark al got a blurry shot.

attachicon.gifLAMP.jpg

I found it better the better you know the ground so can anticipate the action and get the camera in a good position. Had a few that ran straight at the Mrs, lurcher flying in a speed in pursuit, she was less impressed lol.

I think the picture is brilliant! Edit out the little lightening effect and you have something worthy of hanging on the wall or using in a book. Or perhaps I have a funny appreciation of art....

• Like 2

attachicon.gifLAMP.jpg

I think the picture is brilliant! Edit out the little lightening effect and you have something worthy of hanging on the wall or using in a book. Or perhaps I have a funny appreciation of art....

I will second that.

• Like 1

They're hard to get, so I'm careful what I put on the net as they'll get copied and could even be used against us.

Here's one from last night.....just so people can see the general theme....

Still lots of experimentation to do.

I took a few lucky shots last night......stumbling about in the dark and firing the camera at everything, you're bound to get a shot or two in the end.

happy lamping folks... :victory: :victory:

post-16-0-99992100-1442579127_thumb.jpg

• Like 4