Miendl Boots

had a pair of burma boots about 3yrs over the season noticed me right boot wasn't feeling right ignored as long as possible but finally had a poke about this resulting in the midsole disintegrating around the heel,these aren't cheap,looked into having them resoled £70 and was told in 3years it could happen again,even left unused,so told him to whip me a pair on,not lol.the midsoles are made from polyurethane.does anyone knew of any good boots that don't have that problem

Look in the hunting equipment and accessories section mate lots of talk of boots in there, to be honest if I got 3 years out a pair of boots I'd be happy enough mate even the best dont last forever when getting wore everyday

• Like 2

I got a pair miendl Burma, 2007 they lasted about 4 year. Before they started leaking. great boots.

I bought the newer version this year miendl 4 season think there called active Burma or something ankle height.

They were just short £200 if can mind right.

They lasted about 6 month and burst in the inside.

Won't be buying miendl again.

Il Stick with alt-bergs

I wear burmas every day of the week in all weathers and so far no probs. I put wax on them regularly and walk about 5 miles every other day. Soles are sound

Aye me soles have been solid on both of mine.

It's same soles on most good boots vibram.

Mines burst at the seem on the inside at your ankle.

Had them less than 6 months.

Think I will go back to alt-bergs.

done a search and it's a fact polyurethane midsoles can brake down,i think its a poor do when you can't leave a pair of boots in a cupboard without them disintegrating.phoned the shop at altberg they haven't had any feedback about midsole degradation,and said their midsole are made of polypropalene,l might give them a try .does anyone know of a boot with a solid rubber sole

ive got a pair of Borneo's and a pair of Burma pro's the Borneos both great boots which i use for hillwalking,fishing and shooting. Havnt had any problems yet. But looking at buying Scarpa's this coming winter to replace the Burma pro's.