• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I've mentioned before, I've been keeping pigs on a bit of land near me for a couple of years, it's about three acres or so in size, and for the most part is a jungle of bramble, with a few trees an

The first occupants . . .        

Aye, the good news is that after a bit of a paddy, I've sat myself down and i'm pretty sure I can think my way around it.   We're building a barn after all . . . .   I'll stop being a fanny now

Posted Images

Haha, yer, quite funny that your ferrets ended up with my good mate! I would imagine if there is some ferreting to be done for pest control, i'll be there :thumbs: He did mention it before :yes:

This is brilliant! Something I have a real "want" to do for myself, if that makes sense? I have been looking for land local to me and convinced the wife that it would be a good idea to re-mortgage our house for the money, so time will tell...

I wish you the best of luck, though I don't think you'll need it, you seem like you have a good head on your shoulders...

I'll look forward to seeing your progress on this :thumbs:

• Like 1

Cheers matey :thumbs: I know exactly what you mean :yes:

The piglets are weaned, the sow was not happy to start, she slept outside in the rain the first night, which of course, was the only cold, rainy night we had. She's happier now though, and the pigs are growing. First two go off start of june, so not long now. . . . and it's sausage time :thumbs:

Been doing a bit of chain sawing, cleared way for some more fencing, and also to bring in a JCB, to scrape out a space for the shed / barn, and level out an access track. Also going to get him to drill the holes for the posts. Luckily, it's the farm manager of the estate where I look after the pheasants, so it's saving me a packet :thumbs:

Next plan is to plant some fruit trees :thumbs:

IMG_1390_zps72f3799e.jpg

IMG_1392_zps05c13d93.jpg

IMG_1399_zps375873d4.jpg

IMG_1397_zps867de5fc.jpg

Anyone want to buy a pig lol? :laugh:

• Like 2

Rather than use an auger to drill out the post holes which will always give you loose posts use the digger to push the posts into the ground ... Absolutely solid posts .........

• Like 2