Longnet Help

hi can anyone give me a rough idea on the price of a 25 yrd long net just the net coz I want to try and rig it my self and some one who can make it coz I don't want to wait till iv made mine it could be quite a while thanks sj

• 5 weeks later...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stop Your 30ft ,, You will end up with a parcel of shite !! ,, Trust me .. There's an old saying " the finer the mesh , the better killing net"   Regards ..

I ain't sharing drops with nobody lol not even my lamping or ferreting partners lol. Fook even the kids will have some job finding them when old enough lol     Practice,practice and then practice s

I am constantly looking for new drops when the wife is driving I am like a bloody owl in the passenger seat head spinning around looking over hedges, Trying to first find rabbits then suss the terrain

It does not really matter how you start the selvedge off. The way I do it is to thread one side of a net on to a pole.

2010_062425ynetselvedge0003.jpg

Then start on the left hand side and just start knitting moving the other side of the net along the pole as you go.

2010_062225ynetselvedge0016.jpg

It does help if you can have a table below the net as that stops the net dropping making it slower to knit.

2010_062425ynetselvedge0013.jpg

When I knit a selvedge I have a piece of twine tied to my mesh board and it saves me having the thread a line through the selvedges once the selvedge is knitted.

2010_062425ynetselvedge0010.jpg

Once you have done the first row of selvedges just turn the net around using the thread already through the selvedges and place on the pole.

2010_062225ynetselvedge0025.jpg

You then have the selvedges done and both of them with lines through them ready for the running lines.

2010_0625finishednet0004.jpg

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 3

Cheers for the info but I'm 30 ft into my net now so I'll keep on with the hemp for this 1 but I've got some spun poly from agouty it says its for purse nets would that be any good for long nets cheers aidy

Aidy, listen to bill his advice is spot on. Get yourself some spun poly from agouti and start another net.

http://agouti-nets.co.uk/product/41-500g-green-long-net-twine