What Dogs Are You Using?

As the title says,

I have been reading the Bushing section, but in reality most of what I do is walked up shooting.

I was just wondering if anyone uses anything other than spaniels/labs/pointers etc.

• Like 1

Not had much of a problem with it myself, but have set myself up to find out with my next dog.

I have to say if I hadn't been on this forum I would have bought a terrier and got on with it without thinking, without problems? I wouldn't be able to say.

Big mongrelly terrier, mainly he's a bushing and cover dog but turns his hand to flushing to the gun very well. He knows the difference and keeps much closer when its just me and him than when he's working with lurchers.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Red and White Irish Setter x Springer dog - A Dropper.

He is in 12 now and was my first dog. All the old guys I go out rough shooting with say I could spend my life looking for another dog like him...

He goes through any cover, he wont fully set but will creep up on game and gives one bark once it is in the air. Serious woodcock dog.

He has a hard mouth but that is my own fault as I used to bring him out to flush foxes (He has caught and killed 3 foxes on his own accord down the years)

• 2 weeks later...

Like you say you can't ever walk out and pick one up. But I do like it when a random cross cones good.

I've seen a westie that took a few rats. Good for a westie is the best way of putting it.