Sign in to follow this  
numalchez

Whats Everyone Breeding????

gnipper you will be back ,they don't let you get away that easy, :laugh:are you keeping pigeions ect or as every thing gone atb.

• Like 1

I've got some rollers and a few pouters to keep me out of mischief for the summer and bringing my pup on too so I'm probably best off without little birds too this season.

• Like 3

have got 2pair clear red mosaics both on 4 eggs and 2pair red rose both on eggs one 3 t other 4 hatching next week fingers x ;)

• Like 1

Well I got given my father in laws spares which was 4 hens and 1 cock and after a bit of scrounging and swapping I've now got 3 pairs of canaries in the shed, one of which knocked up a nest today so I should have some young soon.

• Like 1

Good man Gnipper and you can't keep the fancy out of a good man so don't bother trying again :laugh: ,good luck for the season mate :victory:

Haven't finished sorting out yet but certain pairs are

1 pair goldies

1 pair cinny redpolls

1 pair native bullies

1 pair greenies,normal cock split for sattenett,lutnio hen (nest built 3 eggs so far)

will update as of when i sort the others...

2 pairs of Bullies

Another trio of greenies,normal cock split for lutino,cinny hen,silver hen and there is a spare cinny redpoll hen in with them so who knows with that one. :D

• Like 4

gnipper told you you don't get out that easy,i keep saying its time to pack in,then keep the odd few pair ,and breed up again ,come sept the sheds full again,might make a small outside flight ,try the british again atb.

• Like 1

well had 5 eggs off my recessive white hen all hatched 3 days old now,also got another hen down but others not doing alot at moment keep you posted guys

• Like 1

nice to see gnipper well done and good luck for the season

• Like 1

Belting and well done Gnipper,the first of many for you i hope :victory:

I've borrowed a cock canary off my neighbour and paired it to the dark mongrel hen and they have produced a red eyed chick?

IMAG1811_1_zpsd8fdcca9.jpg

IMAG1813_zps169a3ad1.jpg

The hen is bred off variegated mongrels too so it must be the cock who's produced it so any ideas what colour he is?

• Like 1

It's looking like the cock is a satinette carrier and the chick should be a satinette hen.

IMAG1835_zps7ad393ac.jpg

Edited by gnipper
  • Like 3