Old School Russells

Guest foxpack

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1st dig to him yesterday in just over a year,didn't think I would be digging him again.

A warm ride home after a long wet day

I go on about this sort of thing to my kids all the time. I walk around my old council estate now and see nothing but shite, un kept gardens, rubbish everywhere and just no pride. When I grew up every

Posted Images

image.jpeg

A terrier I bred about 20 years ago ....I wish I still had him in my kennels

looks a cracker, do you still keep that type?
The sire to this dog was of my first terrier back I had in 89 I was only 16 and made a lot of mistakes in fact I done more things wrong than I done right with that dog but looking back the keeper I had mentoring me at the time didn't have a clue but when your young you sometimes believe someone you think knows what they are doing ...then you start questioning them and you learn by your mistakes .....the terrier in the pic was decent enough and was a real fox slayer very very powerful but to barrel chested for some spots and like most of my terriers I had him trained to a decent standard above ground hunting up and retrieving etc ....he had a real warrior attitude this dog and I honestly think he thought he was the hardest thing in the world but was a real liability around big dogs ......I've not had a white dog for a lot of years every time I see them there yappy and highly strung but a mate I dig with regular sent down a dog to another mate down south that was a similar stamp and he's had 57 with it since Aug so might have one out of that in a few years if it continues .

post-88284-0-79644300-1455236993_thumb.jpeg

Here's the last Russell I had very well bred but ended up being a yo yo ....got here spade and lives with an old man in the village next to me

Edited by MIK
  • Like 5
  • 1 year later...