Old Plummer Terriers

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have no old pics of plummers or the crosses wm. none worth posting anyways. i was allways a russell man. through and through. i often wonder why i got into plummers. liked the look of them i suppos

Same child still around dogs,how time flies

Flint

Posted Images

That last picture ages me a little

Around 1992

Bolted a small fox out of a three holer, lurcher missed it.. ( think it was a vixen )

Walked 20 yards on, jock flashed in to a two holer, dug the two dog foxes in the picture

• Like 2

That last picture was bitter sweet.

Me and newsboy dug that fox on a railway line, hole was only a few yards from the track.. Jet was in mixing it, was only shallow ( about 18") but ground was like bell metal to get through

Took us about 40 mins to brake thru, that was fox number one

We moved on, a cannot remember if we had another dig or bolt to another dog..?

Anyway we walked up to another set with a few holes, not a big place.

Nets on jet in, two foxes bolted after a while... Dealt with them, then got a mark to jet.... I remember this bit like it was yesterday. Jet was exactly 6ft down ticking away to another fox "number 4"

I started digging first, got about 2ft maybe a little more.... Newsboy carried on with the spade work, ( had 2 ft to go ) I tried the bleeper to make sure she was still there. She was still there, but no noise ( she was only little but would get hold, and hold on) so I shouldn't have been worried

I said to newsboy..... She's dead...!!

He said rubbish, and kept on digging.... He broke thru to jet, stone dead, the fox was just up the tube.

To this day I am sure there was some poison, methane or something in that set...

It was a freezing day , there was warm air pumping out of that set...?

• Like 2