Fox Snares Anyone Selling

The Tealer shown in the photo (green ) is more your normal style Tealer & the term "ghost" is given to the newer style all in one loop / Tealer combo.....

Has anyone ever tried fitting a small shock spring between the last ferrule & underside of the eye on a ghost Tealer ?

Did it make a difference or am I just thinking about something that isn't really neccecary ....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there is also one on gate netting hares

Hi venum the locks not bad reminds me of one I used when I was a teenager it's nice and fast my only other criticism is that the biggest loop you can make with it is 9 inches which in my opinion is a

Ghost tealers giving a setting height of 10inches?

Posted Images

So again I'm asking the question the one I've bought wich is the same as the link to bushwear and the tealer is fifteen and half inches long and you can get a maximum 9 inch loop is it a ghost snare or not? Cause I won't be happy with bushwear if it's not because that's what it was sold as

ive made the tealer longer its now on a 21in tealer which when set in soft ground gives me 10 inches off the ground, as i said its only got a 15 half inch tealer with a 9 inch loop so if you put it in the ground 1 inch that leaves 14 half inches of tealer and a 9 inch loop now forgive me for being thick 14 and half take away 9 your left with 5 half inchs roughly off the ground, granted bending the top of the tealer up might give you another inch but no way could i get it to ten and this cant be a one of because i bought a few and there all the same. time to call bushwear i think

Edited by volpe

The Tealer shown in the photo (green ) is more your normal style Tealer & the term "ghost" is given to the newer style all in one loop / Tealer combo.....

Has anyone ever tried fitting a small shock spring between the last ferrule & underside of the eye on a ghost Tealer ?

Did it make a difference or am I just thinking about something that isn't really neccecary ....

Volpe,..

What you have there are "ghost" tealers....

The loop itself is permanently attached to the Tealer which is what stands them apart from your standard style wire.

There are no additional fixings or swivels , the loop itself dosen't require anchoring and they have the spring clip style base on the h/t Tealer,

I have seen several different variations of this style of wire and every one is different depending on the manufacturer.

Thank you heritage

as you can see from the pic the tape cant lie its only 15 half inches long how long do you make your tealers ? same question for Teapot? cause the snares I bought are not fit for purpose, Thanks everyone for your input, I've always made my own snares but I bought these snares because people raved about them and to be honest im disappointed with what I received, another thing is if its just the tealer thats ghost Teapot i am at a loss as why a piece of fence wire sprayed green has all of a sudden got a fancy name Im not trying to cause a argument and trying to ridicule people on this forum I am genuinely interested on building and using snares Thanks guys

Volpe

Exactly Heritage you hit the nail on the head a ghost snare is basically an all in one snare made with a 3mm hytensile wire tealer with the snare wire attached , The wire tealer and snare loop were hard to see hence the name ghost tealer .. Different hights and different loop sizes are irrelevant they can be made to fit any situation the actuall set up is called a ghost snare .once an idea has been shown its easy to come along and to improve but thinking of the original concept and making it work that's the hard part .....

To be honest volpe I'm no real fox snarer...,

Some time ago I saw an early version of a ghost Tealer and the design / principle interested me.

After looking at them and discussing them at length I set about making my own version.

I made a few subtle changes to the design and used different components so they suited my needs.

I now make a few for keepers and close friends & although not from the original source there still what I'd describe as being "ghost snares" by design.....Atb