Working The Fox Terrier

I think loads of people will of worked them but I doubt they'll be still alive to tell the tale.

Most terrier breeds were created with work in mind but sadly the ones about today will be nothing like there great ancestors.

I dare bet in a few years time people will be asking if anyone has ever worked a Patterdale with the way things are going lol

• Like 6

Mate of mine had a pet one, bred off show dogs, was a half decent ratter and would go to ground on fox but never stayed till dug to, used to do about 15 mins then come off, he bolted a fair few foxes with it, but it was a pain in arse with other male dogs. Uncle had one aswell in 80/90s but it was just a pet aswell and a fooker for fighting with anything with fur on it, we took it ratting and mousing as kids lol it had biggest teeth I ever seen on a dog tho lol

Mate owned 1 ive wrote about the dog before, bobby was his name papered up but cant remember how much was paid for him! got him when he was 15 months entered easy but sadly after around 7 succesful pest control call outs on his own.. decided the game was not for him!