Bouncer Pole

Hi I've been looking at the bouncer poles and was just wondering is there anyway of making these yourself or do you recomend to just but done nall thanks graham

. Crackingbit of kit. Cheap enough to buy the end all ways break but easy to. Sort or very effective. In light winds

there only a tenner each and work well but the actual cradle is made from plastic so have had a few break on me so you cant be rough with them ...I tape up the join as well to stop them turning upside down

if you contact your local steel stockist, you can buy steel rod (4mm thick) in 3m lengths in most thicknesses...then buy heavy duty electrical connectors, all you need is a hacksaw and a file, cut two short pieces ..bend them to spike the wings and connect them to the steel rod using the electrical connectors...

jobs a gooden.....if you want to make it even better, cut a piece of steel tube....8 or so inches and put that in the ground first then put the bouncer/floater into the steel tube, ...if there is wind it will constantly turn into the wind , giving extra movement

if you have a couple of shooting buddies...then share the cost and you will end up with stuff that is tailor made and cheap as chips...

ditch

I made some using a 1mt x 6mm (if I remember right) stainless tube, flattened at one end and sharpened to a point. Threaded the other end and fitted some brake pipe female connectors with rubber O rings inside. Got some 2mt lengths of 3/16" fibre glass markers from one of the farmers where I shoot. Then purchased 3/16" male and female brake pipe connectors and welded 1/8" wire at an angle of 45* either side and two bulldog clips to hold the wings spread. Looked very good and worked very well as you could adjust the length in or out to allow for the wind speed. They cost me around £7.50 for materials each and about 1/2 hr to make.

But after all that I ended up buying some from my Local shooting supplier because as said by MIK there only around a £10 er so not worth the hassle

Dek