• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is. What your talking about is pest control and goose shooting

nothing wrong with canada geese, I think they taste great  

Hi Guys, As title could do with some advice. Me and my shooting buddy have been asked to clear some Canada geese that are being a problem. We normally shoot pigeons, crows, etc so don't know a lot

Posted Images

Hi bud Iv got a new permission to go to tomorrow and he is havering a massive problems with geese

Is it a 12 ball job or pick them of with a air rifle

He said they are always out the water wondering around making a mess

Cheers

I been clearing some from horse paddocks last few days,they do make a mess off grass with there droppings,not what I would call sport though only shoot em if they are on paddocks easy.Much prefer to call em in with decoys but got to be careful and stick to general licence terms and conditions,nice eating never waste em.

Lesley, what do you do with all those dead geese? Are they all Canadas or mixed? I shoot them all year round but this time of year particularly now they're breeding. Certain spots I do I need to use discretion like this morning, out early and I pricked 35 eggs. Shooting isn't an option, it's just too public. Ten is a good bag for me, because they're a pain to get rid of! I tend to leave one or two out for the carrion feeders and Charlie and some of the others go to bait traps, but they're hard work to shift. I checked on a spot this morning I hammered last April and there's nowt there, not one goose. It seems the message has got through. I hope so

Edited by cragman

Hi bud Iv got a new permission to go to tomorrow and he is havering a massive problems with geese

Is it a 12 ball job or pick them of with a air rifle

He said they are always out the water wondering around making a mess

Cheers

I used Hornady lead free NTX 15.5 grain bullets in my.17 Hmr, i have no more Geese. JOB DONE ;)

• Like 1