Sign in to follow this  
Bear1cat

Goose Advice

Hi bud Iv got a new permission to go to tomorrow and he is havering a massive problems with geese

Is it a 12 ball job or pick them of with a air rifle

He said they are always out the water wondering around making a mess

Cheers

I been clearing some from horse paddocks last few days,they do make a mess off grass with there droppings,not what I would call sport though only shoot em if they are on paddocks easy.Much prefer to call em in with decoys but got to be careful and stick to general licence terms and conditions,nice eating never waste em.

Iv just had a look though the general licence

The main one is not using lead shot ..

Unless I haven't read it all ;)

Hi bud Iv got a new permission to go to tomorrow and he is havering a massive problems with geese

Cheers

:no::no::no::no::no:

• Like 1

12 ball with 34 gram 6 shot then :)

If you are in England then you will need steel shot! try a 12 Bore with 36gr 3's steel shot

The general advise is to go down 2 sizes for steel so for 6 shot you want 4 steel etc

Ive never heard of that before ??....

Lesley, what do you do with all those dead geese? Are they all Canadas or mixed? I shoot them all year round but this time of year particularly now they're breeding. Certain spots I do I need to use discretion like this morning, out early and I pricked 35 eggs. Shooting isn't an option, it's just too public. Ten is a good bag for me, because they're a pain to get rid of! I tend to leave one or two out for the carrion feeders and Charlie and some of the others go to bait traps, but they're hard work to shift. I checked on a spot this morning I hammered last April and there's nowt there, not one goose. It seems the message has got through. I hope so

Edited by cragman

i take a few to my local club already brested out for the old folks -they are mixed. i also have a lot of mates who take them to eat who also come shooting with me. we've no chance of wiping them out though - there's 1000s of them

• Like 1

Cheers

I used Hornady lead free NTX 15.5 grain bullets in my.17 Hmr, i have no more Geese. JOB DONE ;)

• Like 1