Alano's Do They Still Use Them To Hunt ?

As above, I know they used them to work on cattle+bulls, from what I read , but some were used for wild boar as well. Just wonder if the used today for any kind of work at all, or are they just pets+guard dogs .?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Them dogos on the video that was posted up here not so long back didn't do very well on that boar in a pen lol .........

There's a decent vid of a load of boar dogs with a massive boar in a river, all barking and holding it against the bank, this goes on for about fifteen mins, with none of the dogs being game enough to

As above, I know they used them to work on cattle+bulls, from what I read , but some were used for wild boar as well. Just wonder if the used today for any kind of work at all, or are they just pets+g

There is still many kennels in Spain that use them to hunt boar

thanks mate, I do like the breed from what ive read and seen on vid, there still a breed bred to a job of today. I think there like the old type bullmastiff's in size but prob a lot more healthy and agile. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

There's a decent vid of a load of boar dogs with a massive boar in a river, all barking and holding it against the bank, this goes on for about fifteen mins, with none of the dogs being game enough to tackle the boar head on. Next minute this guy releases a dogo, it just bounds over no messing and crunches down on the top of the boars head, and gets stuck right in. Proper dogos do it like that, no noise, no f***ing about. Also, have a look on calafornia catchers website, that guy breeds some nice dogs, he has a greyhound x dogo too, it's a monster.

• Like 2

good dogos are like rocking horse shit!,..most are show bred shite,…yeah, theres good ones out there, but even in there homeland, they will hunt a dozen or so at a time…i know of lots of guys who had dogs, and then they tried other, cheaper, more effective dogs, and they sold or shot there dogs…each to there own,…a good Bull dog is ten times any dogo, and id take an average bull dog over the best Dogo

good dogos are like rocking horse shit!,..most are show bred shite,…yeah, theres good ones out there, but even in there homeland, they will hunt a dozen or so at a time…i know of lots of guys who had dogs, and then they tried other, cheaper, more effective dogs, and they sold or shot there dogs…each to there own,…a good Bull dog is ten times any dogo, and id take an average bull dog over the best Dogo

that's why they still use Alano's , faster,fitter and lot more working lines out there than Dogos . And if they can old a bull or wild cattle what they were bred for, they deff hold a wild boars which are a lot smaller. But like any breed today you got get the proper stuff not show crap, I did toy with the idea of getting a Alano for a hunting dog . But with a price tag of £ 1500-1800 quid and only going on what people say they can do not what a dog can do, not just what breed can do,? I rather see a good 1x pit x grey or 3/4 pit 1/4 grey working with my own eyes if I wanted a good dog ,and not be knocking big hole in your pocket like a Alano would, but deff go for a Alan over a Dogo if I had to choose from the 2 breeds . :yes: