Safe Home To Billy And Captain

Years a go a collie greyhound could kill hares in good numbers but as time as went on hares have got better and better .That's why the collie,deerhound crosses went to one side and the Saulki blood came in.No hound bred lucher is running a hare for 4 mins around Carlow or Dublin never mind taking a few runs.Show me one houndbred lucher that give a hare fair law and kill good numbers now days.

:laugh: f*****g THL classic right there. You new to hunting pal? The hares have got better so we need a saluki cross instead of a collie cross LMFAO :laugh: f*****g belter that. The hares aren't any harder ffs. It ain't rocket science, the saluki cross was brought in for wind. A hare will only run as fast as its getting chased so if the fields big enough, it makes sense to lose somepace for wind. You think cos you see hares running for several minutes they must be stronger than in the past :rolleyes: that's down to the running style of the saluki. It's much happier sitting in behind wearing the hare down. Don't mean the hares any better than one that's infront of a collie cross that kills it faster. Like everything in life, money changes the goal posts. Why have a collie/deerhound which will blow up after a few chases when you can have a saluki that can stay longer. Hares are better now so we need salukis to catch them HAW HAW HAW

ha ha ha ha .... That one has brightened my day Baw!

You should stop now before you make yourself look even sillier.

Tip: Google evolution.

Not like you to bite twice jonathon, writing slow old chap? You done that catty book yet? Evolution eh? When did the saluki come into fashion, what you say, 70's 80's? The hares evolved into a better creature in 30 years :laugh: f**k me, dumber and dumber haven't got a look in with you pair. We need salukis cos the hares better now..... It's down to evolution..., :laugh: ohhhh ffs :laugh:

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

:thumbs:lads don't start this time year again enough is enough I try to put every bite I get on cam its not easy as you now cam to the ground I show every thing I get more than lot puts up

http://youtu.be/MosvPK_RP-U

I'd say that's pure shite why you need to test your dog in England if you need to test your dog man to test your dog be Louth tiger proper long ears and proper land,and no bother to give them 100 yard

Posted Images

Years a go a collie greyhound could kill hares in good numbers but as time as went on hares have got better and better .That's why the collie,deerhound crosses went to one side and the Saulki blood came in.No hound bred lucher is running a hare for 4 mins around Carlow or Dublin never mind taking a few runs.Show me one houndbred lucher that give a hare fair law and kill good numbers now days.

:laugh: f*****g THL classic right there. You new to hunting pal? The hares have got better so we need a saluki cross instead of a collie cross LMFAO :laugh: f*****g belter that. The hares aren't any harder ffs. It ain't rocket science, the saluki cross was brought in for wind. A hare will only run as fast as its getting chased so if the fields big enough, it makes sense to lose somepace for wind. You think cos you see hares running for several minutes they must be stronger than in the past :rolleyes: that's down to the running style of the saluki. It's much happier sitting in behind wearing the hare down. Don't mean the hares any better than one that's infront of a collie cross that kills it faster. Like everything in life, money changes the goal posts. Why have a collie/deerhound which will blow up after a few chases when you can have a saluki that can stay longer. Hares are better now so we need salukis to catch them HAW HAW HAW

Not like you to bite twice jonathon, writing slow old chap? You done that catty book yet? Evolution eh? When did the saluki come into fashion, what you say, 70's 80's? The hares evolved into a better creature in 30 years :laugh: f**k me, dumber and dumber haven't got a look in with you pair. We need salukis cos the hares better now..... It's down to evolution..., :laugh: ohhhh ffs :laugh:

Like I say, next season get away from the computer and go and see for yourself.

With experience your opinion might change. I too once had the same opinion as you, but then again, I was 12 years old at the time! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 5

With experience your opinion might change. I too once had the same opinion as you, but then again, I was 12 years old at the time! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: what were you writing about then..... The experts guide to netting salmon in Alaska :laugh:

:laugh: what were you writing about then..... The experts guide to netting salmon in Alaska :laugh:

No, that was when I was 13.

But your blinkered, uneducated and inexperienced opinions do give me plenty of things to write about. Please keep them coming. It's really helping with my research. :laugh: :laugh:

No, that was when I was 13.

But your blinkered, uneducated and inexperienced opinions do give me plenty of things to write about. Please keep them coming. It's really helping with my research. :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: you should try writing about your experience in subjects then you wouldn't need to do as much research :D just out of interest, what were you into when you were 12? Air guns, terriers, deer stalking, hare coursing, deer coursing..... The list is endless :laugh:

He'll be away in the huff now :D if iceman had said the hares where they are getting run a lot are harder then fair enough. I know places where rabbits are as hard as f**k to catch but I wouldn't say rabbits are harder now than they used to be :laugh:

Ok baw why then is the same men running the same land over the years not stick with there collie cross they had years ago?????Because a collie cross is not up to the job now days.Maybe because there s not as many hares as there was or maybe once again the hares have just got better and better.Rabbits are harder lol you mean they know the lamp???? Or the land suit the dog not the rabbit.To compare both is a joke this why you don't have a clue.

• Like 1

Ok baw why then is the same men running the same land over the years not stick with there collie cross they had years ago?????Because a collie cross is not up to the job now days.Maybe because there s not as many hares as there was or maybe once again the hares have just got better and better.Rabbits are harder lol you mean they know the lamp???? Or the land suit the dog not the rabbit.To compare both is a joke this why you don't have a clue.

What men are we talking about and what land? Tell me something iceman, how long do you think the collie/deerhound crosses have been used in coursing? Honest, how long. You think the hare just all of a sudden got better for them or do you think these guys found a better tool for the job on the land they were on.

in my view theres 2 much saluki in a lot of the irish bred dogs they lack that early pace that you need for ireland, theres a few that can do it but very few, in the last 5 year iv seen heaps of saluki x dogs run here in ireland in the flesh and in dvds and to be honest most of them just not good enough, a little bit in a dog is fine it def gives a bit extra wind but only a bit, thats just my opinion

• Like 1

Am aye reading this right hares are getting faster ?

Its not their getting faster theres less hares about.We were at a wee spot this morning outside ardee knocked 2 over.30yr ago in the same place killing 8 or 9 was no big deal and not a saluki between us lol.Tiger get a couple of clips ready for friday fight night. :laugh::laugh: