• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was gonna say nice Duckwing but to save confusion I'll say nice grey lol

Fair play bud..... Class stands out.... I've witness theses grays with my own eyes and believe me they can bring home the blue ribbons!...... we all after get our seed stock from somewhere..... Just l

I didn't mean them exact birds lol I meant that type....

As we all know, I love a good arguement, so yes, your birds are mongrels, and ukroosterman your a bully lol all jokes aside fellas, i think what shamo was trying to say is that you can give 2 men each a brother and sister pair each, and yet 20 years down the line, they will be as different as anything.... what one man selects for another man doesent, one mans junk is another mans gold, and regardless who you are, unless you have several unrelated lines of the same breed, you will have to outcross to another sometime, so in theory most of the fowl that came off the likes of men such as billy ruble, jonny jumper, all the big names, will have been crossed with another breed...... but just to note between 5 and 8 generation is considered pure, if crossing back to the pure bird

Edited by gamerooster

As we all know, I love a good arguement, so yes, your birds are mongrels, and ukroosterman your a bully lol all jokes aside fellas, i think what shamo was trying to say is that you can give 2 men each a brother and sister pair each, and yet 20 years down the line, they will be as different as anything.... what one man selects for another man doesent, one mans junk is another mans gold, and regardless who you are, unless you have several unrelated lines of the same breed, you will have to outcross to another sometime, so in theory most of the fowl that came off the likes of men such as billy ruble, jonny jumper, all the big names, will have been crossed with another breed...... but just to note between 5 and 8 generation is considered pure, if crossing back to the pure bird

thanks game rooster I eventually get he's point lol. It seemed at one point like he was saying he has brought over ott fowl I was confused ?.
  • Like 2

Lads, I did not say they was a pure pair, I said the cock was a pure ruble gray, which he is, and the pullet a pure john sears Albany which she is, the fellow I gave these birds to I told him how to bread these two lines of fowl, how me and my family have bred them for a very lot of years and never had a problem with them, in any way shape or form, me and me alone now how my fowl should be bred, and when better ones are bred I will bread them a,t,b, O,T,T