have to say i use a b and q cheapy and hammered it no problems 90 quid , had 3 years upto now. if it gets nicked out the shed no biggy if it blows up no biggy . light quiet and easy to use. unless your chopping giant red wood cant go wrong.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The answer to this is simple   save up and buy a chainsaw, there is no option unless you only cut 4 logs a month

I'd dearly love a pair of gloves. I feel I'm living on borrowed time without them.   Brought it home to me was the time my chain came loose. Thankfully, the Chain Catcher took care of it and it just

tax man ??

Posted Images

ive got two saws one a husky and the other a stihl,both are over 20 years old and still going good, these cheap saws wont last as long as them there just cheap shit,that poem says it all,my wife lights the fire in October and it goes out in april-may we burn around 30 ton a year it is cut,chopped and stacked in the late spring to burn the following winter all hardwood once seasoned it will last up to 5 times longer than a fresh cut log,p.s. don't waste youre money on cheape shite,wf

• Like 1

ive got two saws one a husky and the other a stihl,both are over 20 years old and still going good, these cheap saws wont last as long as them there just cheap shit,that poem says it all,my wife lights the fire in October and it goes out in april-may we burn around 30 ton a year it is cut,chopped and stacked in the late spring to burn the following winter all hardwood once seasoned it will last up to 5 times longer than a fresh cut log,p.s. don't waste youre money on cheape shite,wf

I couldn't cope without my husky. fair play I thought I went though some logs with two fires but I'm not sure I use that much.

Do you cut and chop all that yourself wil ?

My back is aching just thinking about filling the sheds up again :yes:

Its a nice feeling seeing the sheds full at the end of the summer

I don't mind cutting loading or stacking but I fukcing hate splitting ... Mind numbing boring and fukcing tedious ... I must get a log splitter for the summer as I have around 100 ton to sort and all for free .......

• Like 1

I quite enjoy splitting

Fine way to spend a morning , grafting, and imagining a different head on the block each time ! :laugh:

You at least feel like yeh`ve done a bit after a day splitting yer own free fuel.

I don't mind cutting loading or stacking but I fukcing hate splitting ... Mind numbing boring and fukcing tedious ... I must get a log splitter for the summer as I have around 100 ton to sort and all for free .......

Try to visualise logging in here and reading the dog forum before you swing the maul... You'll be through 3-4 cords before you can say "Nice Dog! How's It Bred, Mate?"

I quite enjoy splitting

Fine way to spend a morning , grafting, and imagining a different head on the block each time ! :laugh:

You at least feel like yeh`ve done a bit after a day splitting yer own free fuel.

Baw.....bang........baw.........bang......baw.......bang.......baw.....bang!!! :)

• Like 2

I'm a hand cutter so no shortage of wood for me, have a session in the spring to fill the log shed and just bring a bit home everyday from work. Always plenty of hung up trees or dead wood around. The house I'm in now has central heating but we barely use a couple of hundred litres of oil a year. Wood burner keeps the whole house warm.

post-4572-0-16470700-1397197969_thumb.jpg

• Like 3