• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a pic from today

had me first cock pheasant today with this female

Im not starting her mate, shes unflown and has bad feather damage, all she is doing is getting fat and moulting lol. Im meaning for the start of next season

Posted Images

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

any luck on the hares bangyoucanthide? my female has had hold of three so far this season ,loosing both after being kicked of etc, flying weight is around 2lb7-2lb7.5

she's a real rabbit stopper and most of the time she bowls them up with one foot and standing on the floor with the other foot! I would like to end the season with a hare in bag, a trip east maybe on the cards

No mate after getting her flying ive found her weight is only 1lb 13 so wouldn't take the risk, however she did chase one through a wood but she couldn't get through the heavy cover. If it happens it happens but I'm not bothered about targeting them specifically. Maybe I will try her on them with my mates female next season but for now I'm happy just going for the small stuff

Flew a mates male Harris I called him Little Man 1.71/2 and he took two hares for me in two days on a trip to lincon. This bird was a legend my mate worked the landfill as control and this bird flew every day, was fit as and took all everything he saw including Masive gulls. He had me a couple of times after taking rabbits off him he would fly by and give me a clout and then back to business. He sold him after losing his contract and the guy phoned him to say he never told him how good he was on the lamp. He had never been lamped he was just one of those bird who knew no fear and new that help was always soon at hand not that he needed it. I would not fly mine at hare and when he has seen them he has had a look then turned back!

Miss you little man !!!

Lee

• Like 1

Can anyone enlighten me as to why you can course a hare with a bird of prey but not with a good lurcher ???

You can also take Deer and Fox with a bird of prey but not a lurcher.........!!

Don't think the owner would be too pleased to see his lurcher being carried off by a BoP :D :D :D

typical, I go to one area to see if the hare is still about and my flying buddy goes to another area, I see all his quarry and he see's a bloody hare,

oh well a 2hr trip is set for sunday to get me a hare, east were heading

Good luck mate I hope you bag one

so bloody close, had four slips on hare, two were really out of range and my in experience on them, next two were more a less under me feet, first of these two she connected to the lepus's arse, got a right good bucking, with m trying to throw myself into it without hurting my bird, unfortunately the hare got away, the next one ran out in to the field and my bird was on to it like a seeking missle, hare jinked and twisted to evade capture

I fed my female up after this,

roll on this Saturday and sunday as they both going to be hare days

• Like 1