best air rifle?

markieboi

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out if you buy a second hand rapid people tend to mess with them. I brought one second hand from a gun shop. It had a air leak and cost me 200 quid to get it right. :gunsmilie:

you have been robbed a full seal kit from theoben is about £30 max and I don’t think that it would be £170 to fit it. :hmm:

Watch out if you buy a second hand rapid people tend to mess with them. I brought one second hand from a gun shop. It had a air leak and cost me 200 quid to get it right. :gunsmilie:

you have been robbed a full seal kit from theoben is about £30 max and I don’t think that it would be £170 to fit it. :hmm:

It would be when it needed a new action because some one modded it inside. Pushing 47 ft lbs

• 1 month later...

Have a play around in your local gunshop if it has a good range of spring/pcp guns or do you have mates with guns?? You,ll know what feels right for YOU :thumbs: I do a lot of lamping with my AA s410c its a great gun lightweight,rapid loading & as accurate as i shoot it.I owned a Rapid 7 Tyrolean in the early 90,s fantastic gun,super build quality,bit of weight to it tho when fully scoped up & i was paraniod about scracthing,denting the beautiful walnut stock :haha::haha: Just try before you buy if possible......

Best engineered without any doubt are the THEOBENS, (if we ignore the generally over engineered Weihrauch which also weight a ton) Air Arms make great and very popular tools (just a bit less expensive than theoben) I also rate Air Arms Field and Hunter pellets. Daystate make some good uns but also generally seem heavy and want to put key switches on them these days (which turn off after a few minutes and lead to missed shots...have I missed something here, why do we need to turn a gun on?) ... Oh yes; and do I really need an 80ft lb air rifle, can't help but think a sub sonic .22LR is going to be much cheaper and more consistant, there is not an air rifle pellet on the market rated at anything like 80ft lb, most give up around 30ft lb. Falcon offer a slightly cheaper alternative, their engineering is not a patch on most others (even though they are part of the Air Arms Group) but they produce legendery accuracy, got to admit I like them, I also like the fact their 8 shot mags are about £8 when certain firms take the p*** and charge £50. BSA..... their Superten is a rip off of Theoben but it does work quite well. The list goes on and on, see it feel it touch it love it, whatever you settle on if you like what you are holding you will shoot well with it.

Most these days are pretty good, just make sure you avoid any cheap Chinese $%£&^%$*, if you are really lucky they will produce 8ft lb and fall apart just after you get it home!

Deker

Edited by Deker