Under Keeper Or Something Alone Them Lines

It's not all walk round and shoot things and drive round on a quad bike. Since the start of rearing last April to now I can honestly say I've only been for a walk round with the gun once. There's always jobs to do and when the chicks are in the brooder hut Lamping goes down the list aswell. I'd have a long hard look at the reality of it before you fall for the romantic image of a gamekeeper

very true :thumbs: on beaters day we were sat having a drink and a couple of the beaters said to me "well that's it Dan,end of a long season" my reply "aye and at the stroke of midnight another f****r starts"

So so true fella ..

It's not all walk round and shoot things and drive round on a quad bike. Since the start of rearing last April to now I can honestly say I've only been for a walk round with the gun once. There's always jobs to do and when the chicks are in the brooder hut Lamping goes down the list aswell. I'd have a long hard look at the reality of it before you fall for the romantic image of a gamekeeper

remember it well boxing up chicks at 2 am then bed and back in work lugging bags of feed up the side of a dam mountain in the rain at 7

What a load of moaning old fannies lol.Everyone one of you loves every minute of it and rightly so.Best years of my life were spent in a tied cottage middle of no-where.The job has changed beyond recognition now though with many keepers maintenance men too .Your other skill will be used dont worry about that mate .Still used broodies when i started and that is work let me tell you .Used to shoot,snare rabbits at every spare moment that were boiled in huge vats then minced with mixed grain to feed poults .None of the bagged stuff. Good luck in your quest .

• Like 1

He doesn't shoot anyway. . . . so he'll be fine :thumbs:

No I know ;) just a lot, myself included, thought the gun would be in your hands all day every day....until I actually did it and realised that's not the case :laugh:

Tbh it's in my hand most of the time I'm doing my rounds, or strapped to the quad anyhow...

Yes, it's more or less always on the quad 'just in case'....but you're not going round flushing out stuff day in day out, is what i'm getting at.

Tbh it's in my hand most of the time I'm doing my rounds, or strapped to the quad anyhow...

Aye but it still sits there most of the day....half the stuff you want to use it on your not allowed too...;-)